SLAM Question (had to go out of town mid-way through)

pjku79

Apr 17, 2015
San Antonio
I was in the process of SLAMing my pool towards the end of last week. I also got pretty busy with work at the same time so I wasn't taking measurements like I should have. I brought it up to 31 ppm and had it there for 3 days. After the first, it was pretty clear with exception to around my lights. I had to go out of town over the weekend, so I turned my SWCG to 100% and left. Before I left I measured it and it was at 24ppm. I didn't add more bleach because I figured my SWCG running overnight would hopefully get me close to where it needed to be. I also left the pool on high the whole weekend.

4 days later, I arrived home and measured the FC and was at 23. The water is still clear and all of the algae in the lights I had is gone except for the one in the SPA. How should I proceed?

I haven't tested CYA, but assume it is still around 80.

Since you still see some algae in one of the areas (SPA), you should continue with the SLAM until any visible algae is all gone. If your CCs are 0.5 or less, then the last step would be passing the Overnight Chlorine Loss Test. You've made it this far, so don't let up now. See it through to the end.

Since you still see some algae in one of the areas (SPA), you should continue with the SLAM until any visible algae is all gone. If your CCs are 0.5 or less, then the last step would be passing the Overnight Chlorine Loss Test. You've made it this far, so don't let up now. See it through to the end.
Do I need to bring the FC back up to 31 or should I leave it at 23/24 and just give it more time? My CC has been popping back and forth between 0 and 0.5.

Do I need to bring the FC back up to 31 or should I leave it at 23/24 and just give it more time?
Definitely increase it to SLAM level. :goodjob: While you appear to be getting close, stick to all the notes on the SLAM Process page to ensure you get past the finish line.

Reactions: Mdragger88
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.