SLAM process question

Before I shut it off it was 100. But I took out nearly 10K gallons at close and let rain water/snow melt replenish it. I'll have my wife do the ammonia protocol. BTW, my pressure is holding steady at 14 so it doesn't appear that anything is making its way to the filter to clog it up.

Could the fact that I don't have a main drain be an issue? We run the robot and have the two skimmers going.

Main drain not needed. Especially if you have a robot running around mixing things up.

If this is an ammonia issue, it would not show up as pressure.

I am grasping a bit bringing up ammonia again. I just cannot see how you can have this great of a chlorine consumption this far in.

Take care.

Update:

At 9:25 the FC and CC were 0.5. Added 3 gallons of 10% Beach. At 10:05 the FC was 6.5 and the CC was 1. So probably no ammonia, correct? Should I go with the CYA stabilizer now? I know the CC is still too high so there's still something in the water.

Tuesday evening update:

Added 77 oz of stabilizer today via sock method. Tested FC and CC at 4 and they were 0.5. Added 4 gallons of 10%. Tested at 5:30. FC was 11.5 and CC was 0.5. Added 1 gallon of 10%

At 8:30 tested FC, CC, and CYA. FC was 11, CC was 0.5, and CYA test was cloudy at 30 but still visible dot. So I’m going to assume CYA of 20.

So I think what I’m going to do is add the rest of the 5 lbs of stabilizer tomorrow to get CYA to 40 and maintain FC at shock level. I think I’m about there. Does this sound right?

Figured I'd update again. At 8:30 today my FC was 5.5 and my CC was 0. At 11 am, I added the rest of my stabilizer and 3 gallons of my liquid chlorine. Teste at 2:45 and my FC was 13, CC = 0, and CYA at 30 gave me a very fuzzy yet still visible dot. I'm calling it 30. I don't know whether to add more stabilizer. Pool still a bit cloudy; I can't see the bottom of the deep end.

So you have added 77 oz and then 5 lb of CYA powder. That will raise your CYA to 42 per Poolmath. So assume you have 40 CYA in the pool water. Test the CYA in a few days. If you put the product in the water, it is there.

Follow the [FC/CYA][/FC/CYA] for a CYA of 40.

Take care.

So you have added 77 oz and then 5 lb of CYA powder. That will raise your CYA to 42 per Poolmath. So assume you have 40 CYA in the pool water. Test the CYA in a few days. If you put the product in the water, it is there.

Follow the [FC/CYA][/FC/CYA] for a CYA of 40.

Take care.

We added a total of a 10 lb jug of stabilizer minus some very minor spillage.

Good to see your FC holding better. Now SLAM away! Don’t forget a pic every now and then.

Bump one last time for a final opinion...I think. Here are my results and I can see the bottom clearly. Slamming based on CYA of 40.

d5fdd9c8a20f0cec8807eb9e5a3e5c7a.png

I think I’m done SLAMing

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.