SLAM or do a OCLT first?

Better to figure it out now, than add salt or something else that does damage or require a drain.

I will say, for $7.99 per YEAR, the pool math subscription, being able to save your logs and share them, is worth the history and help here.

Well, I added the salt already, and came in at 3200 when I tested it.
Obviously the RJ 60 plus is 3 times the size of what I needed, which shouldn't really hurt the system, correct?

I'll be purchasing the subscription tomorrow.

Well, I added the salt already, and came in at 3200 when I tested it.
How long after the addition of salt did you test? Maybe said another way, how long since you did the salt addition? I'm assuming you have a Taylor or TFT salt test kit. What is RJ reporting for salt level?
Obviously the RJ 60 plus is 3 times the size of what I needed, which shouldn't really hurt the system, correct?
No, go big or go home...great choice. Will save you $$ in the long run.
I'll be purchasing the subscription tomorrow.
You won't regret it. I was looking through my logs from last year doing a comparison. Fine tuning my % so I can just set % every month and worry less.

Reactions: summertimesadness
How long after the addition of salt did you test? Maybe said another way, how long since you did the salt addition? I'm assuming you have a Taylor or TFT salt test kit. What is RJ reporting for salt level?

No, go big or go home...great choice. Will save you $$ in the long run.

You won't regret it. I was looking through my logs from last year doing a comparison. Fine tuning my % so I can just set % every month and worry less.

1) I haven't turned on the salt generator cause I am trying to balance my chemicals first. I have the TFT 100? With the salt option.

2) I tested it today. Added the salt last Tuesday and Thursday.

3) didn't realize the subscription is payable via Google play. I paid for it, but I'll sort out turning on the options tomorrow

1) I haven't turned on the salt generator cause I am trying to balance my chemicals first. I have the TFT 100? With the salt option.
Great!
2) I tested it today. Added the salt last Tuesday and Thursday.
Then your salt results are accurate...only takes about 24 hour of circulating to be accurate. Whew!
3) didn't realize the subscription is payable via Google play. I paid for it, but I'll sort out turning on the options tomorrow
Coolio!

Reactions: summertimesadness
I'll be checking the results early am and I'll post here. Anything that falls below 14.0 I'll start the slam process for a CYA of 70, making my target 28, if I did it correctly.

With the pump on 24/7.

Reactions: PoolStored
FC was 14 this am after about 35 minutes of the pump being turned back on.

Added enough LC to bring the FC to 28.

Gonna re test when I get home from work and again before the sun goes down.

With a good scrubbing and vaccuuming.

Reactions: clambert1273

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Retested the pool after I got home.

FC is 20.0

When I added the 5 drops for CC, it was a very very slight pink, much lighter than I've seen before. Not sure if that qualifies as pink for testing. But, 1 drop and it all went away.

The stuff on the bottom of the pool is still coming back. When I brush it, it goes "poof".

So, more CL to get back to 28 and then retest in an hour or so?

Attachments

• 20230525_173743.jpg
    20230525_173743.jpg
    488.2 KB · Views: 14
  • 20230525_173710.jpg
    20230525_173710.jpg
    809.1 KB · Views: 14
Slam until your pool is clear. That also means you don't see poofing when you brush sides or bottom...and water is CLEAR...
Odd part is the water is very clear. But the bottom has those particles over it.

Possibility it's sand? We checked the laterals when we opened as we switched out the sand. They weren't cracked. What else if anything would dump sand particles if that's what they are into the pool...

Maybe algae, maybe sand. Can you collect some? Or does it poof when you brush it? Is it easy to brush into a pile?
Nope, can't push in a pile. But the robot was picking up sand or dirt at the beginning. It got less with time.

When I push with the brush, it turns into a cloud.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.