SLAM isn’t progressing

Correct. Add as your testing shows need. You’re now on the filtering stage, and keeping the FC high is more to ensure it doesn’t backslide while you filter. If the clarity isn’t improving daily let us know. Keep searching for any place algae could hide and scrub it out. Sand takes some time to clear.
Thanks. Practicing patience here! Does it still make sense to run the dolphin robot daily?

Hi all. Happily, SLAMing is not something I've ever done thanks to TFP. So just asking... Given low CL demand, could some of the green be metals?
Sure, it could be. If the water goes clear, but still has a greenish tint, then it’s likely iron or something similar. We can deal with that if that ends up being the case, though :)

Correct. Add as your testing shows need. You’re now on the filtering stage, and keeping the FC high is more to ensure it doesn’t backslide while you filter. If the clarity isn’t improving daily let us know. Keep searching for any place algae could hide and scrub it out. Sand takes some time to clear.
Pool is looking much better. Was wondering if I could have used this instead of 25+ gallons of liquid chlorine.

Attachments

• 38979D56-3D3D-43A6-AD64-465A5458F790.jpeg
    38979D56-3D3D-43A6-AD64-465A5458F790.jpeg
    602.6 KB · Views: 14
Pool is looking much better. Was wondering if I could have used this instead of 25+ gallons of liquid chlorine.
It would add CYA at the same time as FC. The FC is used up daily - the CYA degrades very very slowly. The result is your CYA rising higher and higher as you try to keep up with the FC need, until the CYA is so high that you have to replace water to bring it down.

Liquid chlorine adds FC, and some salt. That’s it.

Reactions: Djuke1210
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.