mommahocker

Apr 8, 2020
Tulsa, OK
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Day 6 of SLAM and I can see the pool floor finally! Just finished 6th gal of Chlorine, keeping the SLAM level at 12, and water still cloudy but getting better every day. I think I could do better with the brushing?‍♀️

Question of the day: My ladder has NOT been in the pool at all through this process. We are still trying to engineer an attachment base (new deck, poor planning, blah blah). The ladder has been out, dry, exposed to sun. Should I give it a bleach bath/scrub? Or do the outside elements take care of anything that might have been growing on it? It was stored in shed all winter, put in the pool once then back out again when cleaning process started.

To scrub or not to scrub, that is the question!

Happy Monday, pool people!

I'd give it a thorough inspection. Did you see this yesterday? DARN Ladder!! Algae Culprit

My gut says give it a good soak in bleach solution then hit it with the pressure washer to be safe...
thanks for sharing that post, I didn't even consider the floats/noodles as carriers!
They've been in the shed since last fall, and honestly, It would hurt my feelings if they didn't make it back to the pool! LOL

Thanks!

Day 10 of slam! Just wanted to share some pics.
Still tiniest but if stuff settling and then coming up during brush, I feel like it should be a bit more clear. One more good vacuum will hopefully take care of it...and then it’s on to the OCLT! Skimmer sock is doing great job with pollen and bugs, but that will be an on-going issue, I think.
So thankful for this site, I feel like a full-on Pool Pro! It's still too cold for me to actually GET IN, but the kids are ready!
61082442128__E6628839-4FE0-4E0C-9247-68A770444352.JPGIMG_2750.jpgIMG_2751.jpg

Very perplexed.

Day 10 of SLAM, feel very proficient at testing my FC with my TF kit and speed-stir thingy. (love that thing!)
Tested water this morning after a roaring thunderstorm came through, only minimal FC loss over night, app said to only add 1 Cup 5oz Chlorine. Did and logged @ 11:30am
Sunny skies --> so went out to vacuum for abt an hour or so... tested water again at 2:30pm. FC is 20!!!! WTHECK??

Thought the sun got my brain, so I tested it 2 more times. FC is 20ppm.

Somebody 'splain this to me??

You are not saving your test results in Poolmath. That and the multiple threads make following along difficult. I believe your SLAM FC is supposed to be 12 ppm. There must be a testing error on one of the tests. Give it a few hours and test again.

You are not saving your test results in Poolmath. That and the multiple threads make following along difficult. I believe your SLAM FC is supposed to be 12 ppm. There must be a testing error on one of the tests. Give it a few hours and test again.
My aplogies for the multiple threads, thanks for the consolidation... on my app I can see all the logs I've entered regarding the chlrorine addition, can I do something different so that you can see the numbers better?
Yes, my SLAM FC should be 12, that's what I've been trying to maintain. So the jump to 20 PPM a few hours AFTER putting in only 1 cup was shocking. I figured I'd let the sun and filter do some work and check it again this evening.

You might try interrogating any children. Someone might have decided to help and dumped bleach in like mommy.

Not so wild a theory, either. A few years ago a woman was dealing with a crystal clear emerald green pool and finally squeezed it out of her college-aged daughter that she'd found some algaecide in the shed and added it. It was copper sulfate.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
oy... I have teenage boys... and they were my first stop on the inquisitions. *as always*

BUT. I just re-tested.
FC--6.5
CC--.5

I'm just gonna chalk this up to a major FLUKE and never speak of it again o_O

SO NOW, how do I log this so this the proper way?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.