Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite Pro (T-15)
Hello,
New to pools here, as are many of us. We need to SLAM as we are losing 2ppm in the OCLT. I see algae floating but its not taken over yet. Our pool has a salt system we are repairing so right now I’m treating it like a chlorine pool with bleach. Our CYA is 80 which is above recommended level for SLAM but our pool gets full sun and we live in the hot south so I think the higher CYA may be advantageous once the pool is balanced.

Question: With this in mind, do I drain to get CYA down for SLAM or just proceed with the higher CYA level.

Your CYA is within normal range for SWG pool, so no issues with keeping it there. You've probably looked at FC/CYA Levels, so you know it will require more chlorine to get to SLAM level. If you're happy with your current CYA level, it probably makes more financial sense to leave it as is.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.