Skimmers Have No Suction

Thanks for coming back with an update! Sorry it’s not good news though.
Seems the quote is for a complete redo of the pool itself (Ecofinish is a type of finish of the pool). $18,000 for fixing piping and new pump is quite a bit ludicrous.

Let's bump someone who may know a bit better @bdavis466

Thank you for the insight! I'm finding a lot of local pool companies over here do not want to work on gunite pools. Is that common? I'm in the New England area just as a reference.

Thank you for the insight! I'm finding a lot of local pool companies over here do not want to work on gunite pools. Is that common? I'm in the New England area just as a reference.

Like I said in an earlier post many pool companies don’t want to do renovations of existing pools. They are a lot more work then new builds and can surprises once they begin work that eat into their profit.

They bid them high because of the unknown and to cover their butts. To replace skimmers and quote you for ecofinish means the plaster is shot too unless they are trying to upsell. How many returns and how many suction lines? It's not uncommon to be around 15k to repipe a standard simple setup and redo the concrete deck. With poly pipe you may have different fitting connectors at the pool and that would require extensive rehab at the pool shell

They bid them high because of the unknown and to cover their butts. To replace skimmers and quote you for ecofinish means the plaster is shot too unless they are trying to upsell. How many returns and how many suction lines? It's not uncommon to be around 15k to repipe a standard simple setup and redo the concrete deck. With poly pipe you may have different fitting connectors at the pool and that would require extensive rehab at the pool shell

3 returns, 2 skimmers.

Sorry for the late reply; been tied up at work. At this point I have resolved myself to just having the pool professionally closed for the season and reassessing the worth of opening it next year. I have tried to quote the work out to a number of people but it seems that getting people to work on gunite pools in the Northeast is not very common and I certainly do not have (nor would I ever spend) $42,000 to fix a pool this old.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.