Skimmers are not pulling in debris

nrowland622

Apr 4, 2020
Savannah, Georgia
Hi! I'm opening the pool during this quarantine and have hit a snag. I've noticed the debris floating on top of the pool is not being sucked into the skimmers? Water is flowing; pump is primed; slide is running; jets are pushing; but when I look into the skimmer, the water appears to be standing still and nothing is being sucked in. I know water is flowing through there because the pump is staying primed. Pressure looks good and the slide is running strong which usually means all my flows are fine. Any ideas? I'm tired of skimming by hand! My pool has no main drain, by the way. The water to the pump only comes through those two skimmers.

Last edited:

If the water is way too high, the weir door will not work well and the skimmer will not skim well..

Or... if the weir door is missing, or stuck down, you will have the same issue.

Check to make sure that the weir door is working properly..

Thank,s

Jim R.

Last edited:
Do you have a main drain? Have you placed your hand down into the skimmers to feel suction?

Also make sure to update your signature with all of your pool and equipment info. It really helps in posts like this. Make sure to include your test kit as well.

Last edited:
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.