Skimmer Sucking Too Hard?

Jul 23, 2017
Fairview Texas
I have a 30000gal in-ground pool with heyward pump and filter. The pool as two skimmers. The skimmer on deep end seems works fine but the skimmer at the shallow end of the pool has started to suck all water out of the skimmer basket down the drain until it starts sucking air in. The basket area wont fill with water. Pool water level is full. Pressure on filter is fine.
What is going on? Thanks

Sounds like your weir door is stuck/frozen. (Assuming both skimmers are the same level on the pool)

Actually sounds like the deep end skimmer may not be pulling and all the suction coming from the other skimmer.

What is your water level at the shallow skimmer mouth?

Post pics of that skimmer.

P,

Something is wrong, as it should be "almost" impossible for the pump to suck water out of the skimmer faster than it can fall into the skimmer from the pool.

I assume that each skimmer has a dedicated line back to the equipment pad. Does each line have a valve to control the amount of water allowed through?

What pump do you have? VS or single speed and what HP?

Is this a new pool or has the pool been working fine and just now has the issue?

Show us some pics of your equipment pad...

Thanks,

Jim R.

I’m with Jim, the basket area cannot be sucked faster than 30k gallons can push water into an 10X18 inch skimmer throat. Unless that throat is clogged with something (like the weir door, which is working and not ‘it’, thanks for that info). ........ ice perhaps ?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.