Skimmer/pcv ?

blazin

Bronze Supporter
Jul 29, 2017
Franklin, MA
Just turned my pump off 24/7 mode on my new pool. Now when running, my skimmer empties and then my check valve closes.

I resolved by shutting my skimmer off and going full on main drain.. but now skimmer suction allowed?

This very well could've been happening for the last two weeks, but I noticed today because my Polaris 280 wouldn't move because 0 water flow because the check valve was closed.

Anyway.. any thoughts? Skimmer clean, pump skimmer clean, filter reads 1 bar, 15 psi..

Where is the check valve located?

If the skimmer empties when the pump is turned on, the water level may be too low or the weir door is stuck closed.

b,

Well, If your job was to confuse me... you did excellent work!!! :p

I'm sure it is just me, but I'm not sure what it is that you are saying...

If you are saying, that when the pump is running the skimmer empties, that can't happen unless the Skimmer Weir door is stuck up or the water level is at the very bottom of the skimmer.

As for the check valve closing??? Where would that check valve be? You also say that your cleaner does not work because of zero flow because the check valve is closed, but that is how check valves work???

Maybe a pic with some explanations might help us understand.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Ok so for clarity check valve was in front of filter pump.

Skimmer empties when filter pump runs then the check valve closes.

Water refills the skimmer and eventually it all cycles again.

However.. I just tried to monkey with it again.. and the issue is gone.. the skimmer has suction, the check valve stays open, the filter pump runs, and the vacuum moves...

Head scratcher for sure.

Maybe the door was stuck closed if I push it closed the skimmer definitely empties, but the force also pops the door out haha

I guess this is resolved for now.. but I could be back!

b,

Your check valve is working just like it should... Water is being sucked from the skimmer through the check valve holding it open. If the water in the skimmer is not replaced (Because the weir door is stuck up) then when the skimmer is empty, there is no more water flowing thought he check valve, so of course it closes.

Glad your pool is back up and working. If it happens again, the first thing to check is the weir door, or the water level.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.