Skimmer faceplate crack

cj133

May 6, 2018
NJ
I guess this is a simple one.
Basically I need to fix this, but do you think it could wait until the fall when I drain the pool to close for the winter?

As far I know it's not leaking. Yet.

Attachments

• IMG_20200621_210301.jpg
    IMG_20200621_210301.jpg
    455.2 KB · Views: 70
I don't think the crack is a big problem that requires immediate action.

Any good story behind why the pool is so full?

I don't think the crack is a big problem that requires immediate action.

Any good story behind why the pool is so full?

Na, not really.
It was getting really low, and no rain in the forecast so I added an inch to it. That night we got thunderstorms..........
I was lazy and didn't feel like draining it.

Water is only high in the skimmer when it is touching the top. Otherwise it is good enuf.

Last edited:
Reactions: cj133
Water is only high in the skimmer when it is touching the top. Otherwise it si good enuf.

I'm kind of going in that direction...
Actually, I had looked at ways to extend the cover so it doesn't spill over so easily.

Maybe, if it's touching the top and not skimming good it's just time for a bigger pump and not to lower the level. :ROFLMAO:

Heck, my pool gets that full and more regularly during rainy season.

I came here to say I wouldn’t worry about that crack right now, just keep an eye on it in case it spreads.

yeah, same here, had a crack like that in my skimmer when I moved in and let it ride for a few seasons until I replaced the liner.

As for a (more) full pool than you want, I have stuffed a piece of a pool noodle in the skimmer lid hole to minimize the splash out caused by very active swimmers/splashers/jumpers.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
What's an aquadoor?

An aquadoor is a snap on cover that goes over your skimmer opening and is used for winterizing. To use an aquadoor you have to remove the current skimmer faceplace and replace it with one that fits the snap on cover.

Doug is basically saying, wait until winter and then replace your faceplate. Since you are going to be replacing your faceplate, you might as well replaces it with an aquadoor since you have it off anyway.

You don't need to use an aquadoor if you don't want - some people use a gizmo, which goes inside the skimmer itself in the water line. Some people just open the bottom of the skimmer, and other (myself included) use a metal plate that attaches to the skimmer face by removing half the screws and then putting them back in.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.