Skimmer clogged?

Coop914

Jul 19, 2019
Boston
Hi All, so when my pool was closed last Fall one of the lines at the pump was not closed off. I had liner issues when taking the cover off this spring, so I'm just getting my pool going now. I think a chipmunk was nesting in the line, when I turned on the pump pressure was low. Skimmer is sucking water but slow and one of my jets is low flow also. so I shut it down and took off the pump lid to find a bunch of bird seed in the pump basket. We have chipmunks all over here and I do have a bird feeder, so this is my conclusion. Should I put the hose in the pump and see what happens? Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Welcome to the forum!
You are on the right track. Put a hose in the inlet to the pump basket. May have to wrap a rag around it to get a seal. Then turn the water on slow and see if you can force what is in there back to the skimmer.
I suggest you read ABC's of Pool Water Chemistry and consider reviewing the entire Pool School eBook.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.