Single speed vs variable speed

rintintim

Nov 24, 2020
Phoenix, AZ
I currently have a Pentair whisperflow single speed pump/filter system. Is it possible to just switch out the motor to a variable speed, or do i have to purchase a variable speed pump system? If the latter, I'm open to suggestions on what variable pump/filter system.

Welcome to TFP.

Call Inyopools and see if there is a VGreen VS motor to fit your pump...

Square Flange Pentair, Pac-Fab, WhisperFlo, Challenger, Sta-Rite, Dura-Glas, Max-E-Glas, & Max-E-Pro Pumps

How do you control your pump run time? Do you have an integrated spa? Does it have automated valves?

OK -- an intermatic timer is not automation. Jim asked because if you had a Pentair automation system, such as an EasyTouch or IntelliTouch, it is best to get a Pentair Intelliflo VS pump. But it sounds like your current pump is just timer controlled, so the VGreen motor discussed above should be OK>

Reactions: Jimrahbe
The V green will get constant power connected to it, so no timer needed :) You can use the timer if you want but pull the tabs so it is always on... I just changed to the V Green and love it....

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.