Show off your AGP Deck please!

CurtisPDX

Aug 7, 2018
Portland OR
Here it is finished, had to come home for lunch and open it up for the kids.
Looks great Sam! I’m still in my design phase but all these great decks are giving me good ideas. Hey, I noticed a vacuum in one of your pics, which make/model is it and would you buy it again if it needed replacing?

LuciGo

Aug 24, 2014
Chester, VA
We bought this house in April, and it has a pretty elaborate deck that had NEVER been stained or treated! We have been replacing boards and staining, adding a gazebo, cutting down trees (for the awesome view) and attempting to create an oasis. We would like to replace the pool (or at least the liner) next summer.

Attachments

Reactions: jlt19 and Casey

Cfyfe3199

Sep 25, 2018
NY
Here's mine, finished a few weeks ago. Border around the pool runs level with the rail, and the contractor hugged the rail so tight you couldn't fit a leaf through there, which is what I wanted. Loop-loc pool cover apparently came out with an anchor system specifically for composite decking, I'm looking into ordering it. Looks like it "hugs" the deck boards instead of drilling into them.

I have a 15 month old, so keeping little ones out was important. you can see in some of the pics there's an opening between the 2 sections of deck (kind of a "dining" area, then the "swimming" area), that opening is now closed off with a magnetic locking auto-close gate. Everything else is separated by railings.

Let me know if you have any questions!

The full build is in the link in my signature

Good luck on your project!

Attachments

aboykin2269

LifeTime Supporter
Jun 3, 2015
Pittsboro NC
Here's mine, finished a few weeks ago. Border around the pool runs level with the rail, and the contractor hugged the rail so tight you couldn't fit a leaf through there, which is what I wanted. Loop-loc pool cover apparently came out with an anchor system specifically for composite decking, I'm looking into ordering it. Looks like it "hugs" the deck boards instead of drilling into them.

I have a 15 month old, so keeping little ones out was important. you can see in some of the pics there's an opening between the 2 sections of deck (kind of a "dining" area, then the "swimming" area), that opening is now closed off with a magnetic locking auto-close gate. Everything else is separated by railings.

Let me know if you have any questions!

The full build is in the link in my signature

Good luck on your project!
Nice set up. That is huge. Love the photos from the air.

Reactions: Cfyfe3199

Cfyfe3199

Sep 25, 2018
NY
Nice set up. That is huge. Love the photos from the air.
Thanks!
We have a nice sized lot (1.5 acre) but most of it is either sloped or too rocky to do anything with it. Would have probably cost the same, if not more to get it level and usable, so we opted for a bigger sized deck to get some use out of the yard.

bioguy

Aug 5, 2018
Whitehouse Station, NJ
Thank you for sharing your decks. You provided a lot to think about as well as inspiration. I decided to go with a modular design described in this article. The deck is essentially a series of trapezoids like the one below.
My pool is a bit different from the example and I'm too cheap to buy the construction calculator program the article recommends, so I had to re-learn some trigonometry to get the dimensions right. I'm planning a very simple deck with one trapezoid near ground level and one segment at the height of the pool. I can add more segments later. I built the ground-level segment today because I think it would be better to make mistakes on the low one.113896

It's pretty heavy, so I'm going to wait to screw the boards in place until I move it next to the pool.

Attachments

JimMarshall

Gold Supporter
TFP Guide
Jun 5, 2017
Oil City PA
Holy moly! Awesome deck/pool/home/property!

What kind of carpet? What did you use as substrate?
Thank you!

I couldn't tell you the brand of carpet, just an outdoor carpet that my local carpeting place carried and we liked the color of.

It's down over Advantech OSB which is an OSB made with a water resistant/waterproof glue/resin. Wasn't sure if it would work out or not.... One of my best friends works for the company that makes it and talked me into it as a test.

arbies

Aug 6, 2019
Singapore
We just did a temp one this year so we could use our steps. Building the big one during the off season.
View attachment 112294

View attachment 112295
I absolutely LOVE this - simplicity itself. Considering it is just me and my better half that will use the pool this is exactly what we need to replace the wobbly A Frame stepladder!!! We're only going to be here for 3 years so cost over time & removal/recycling is a huge part of the decision making process. Thanks for sharing this - I hope we can emulate something similar!!!

Reactions: aboykin2269

aboykin2269

LifeTime Supporter
Jun 3, 2015
Pittsboro NC
I absolutely LOVE this - simplicity itself. Considering it is just me and my better half that will use the pool this is exactly what we need to replace the wobbly A Frame stepladder!!! We're only going to be here for 3 years so cost over time & removal/recycling is a huge part of the decision making process. Thanks for sharing this - I hope we can emulate something similar!!!
Certainly. I appreciate the kind words. We LOVE our little steps. Walk up, walk in, walk out. it really makes a world of difference.

Reactions: arbies

bioguy

Aug 5, 2018
Whitehouse Station, NJ
I replaced the flexible pipes with hard plumbing today. I moved the bottom floor of pool deck in place temporarily so that I could make sure my plumbing would fit. I will need to move the concrete blocks and add supports once I'm sure it is where I want it. Any advice you have would be appreciated.

Deck day2a.JPG
Here's a view from the other side.
Deck day2b.JPG

Attachments