Added a temporary deck

aboykin2269

LifeTime Supporter
Jun 3, 2015
Pittsboro NC
We decided to add a temporary deck (well steps really) so we could go ahead and use our Wedding Cake steps in the pool. This is WAY better than using the ladder. We are building a larger, permanent deck this Fall and Winter for next year that will go all the way to the house. I had never done thing like this before, but I think it came out pretty darn good..

Reactions: IL_WS

aboykin2269

LifeTime Supporter
Jun 3, 2015
Pittsboro NC
LOVE IT!!! I have those same steps and LOVE them!!! You did a good job with that decking! I love that you added steppers to help keep the pool clear.

Kim:kim:
Kim the steps are really great. The pavers are temporary too until we can build the big deck. Then I will just use them elsewhere. Like maybe for a pool side bar...

kimkats

Mod Squad
LifeTime Supporter
Jul 10, 2012
Tallahassee, FL
One thing I do to make sure they stay free of algae is to use my pool's turkey baster and squirt chlorine into some of the holes to make sure there is chlorine in there every once in a while. This is our second year with them and they have been algae free the whole time so far!

Reactions: gws1968

aboykin2269

LifeTime Supporter
Jun 3, 2015
Pittsboro NC
One thing I do to make sure they stay free of algae is to use my pool's turkey baster and squirt chlorine into some of the holes to make sure there is chlorine in there every once in a while. This is our second year with them and they have been algae free the whole time so far!
THAT is brilliant. I will do this also.