Shout out to Jandy warranty dept.

Cody

Bronze Supporter
Aug 17, 2014
Prosper, TX
I have a Jandy TruClear SWG, almost 3 years old. Just under warranty period, it started leaking. Warranty came out yesterday and replaced the cell with no pushback at all.

You might say -- "They should replace it. It was under warranty!" I agree, but it seems that lately even when companies SHOULD DO THINGS without pushing back, they don't.

Jandy did the right thing...wanted to give them a shout out.

I'll second the "Jandy Warranty Shoutout". My Aquapure1400 cell started throwing two error codes after only 1 1/2 seasons(8months of use). The center electrode failed and separated from the plates. I had a spare on hand(from the PB) just from reading horror stories at TFP. I swapped out the cell(unplugged cord, unscrewed cell, and replaced cell with the new one) and filed a claim with my PB. The PB said I voided the warranty. I called Jandy(Fluidra) and explained what I did. They said I DID NOT void the warranty and shipped me a new cell without even seeing the old one. They did not want me to change the cable, because that would void the warranty. Finally, after many emails and an unfavorable Google review, the PB has agreed to honor the warranty and change the cord.

I am a fan of the Jandy warranty, but so far, not so much of their cell that did not last even two years. Hopefully, the replacement will hold up and make me a fan of their cell.

If companies would understand stuff like this isn’t just an expense but all about earning trust and new customers.

Look at how Walmart grew, if you took a toaster back to another store after a month was told it’s not their issue.
Walk in Walmart with tire marks on it and they hand you a new one :)
Now I buy from Walmart not only for the price but knowing they stand behind it.
Amazon is mirroring that policy also

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.