Should I take free 20 year old tub?

Thanks for the walk through so far... So I have the gate valve kit on order because hopefully that's the problem though it doesn't seem like it is...

It probably is cracked but I'll find out tomorrow when I feel around for it.. My issue I think isn't the flexible hoses but instead the white hard pvc piping that goes right into the bottom of the diverter... Like how do I fix that haha. I can just cut the old flexible hose and put a female coupler over that and then a new small piece of flex in the female again and then to new diverter. But that hard plastic on the bottom not so sure...

You will have to rebuild it back to the union that is just out of view. So the tee, 2 elbows, and union. The tee and elbows can be bought at the hardware store along with the pipe. The union you can get from the same place you get the valve body. Just rebuild it exactly as it is.

If the only cracks are above the gate you might get away with new o-rings. Worth a shot, as you will need the o-rings either way. You might fill the cracks with epoxy putty or plastic-weld if they are not in the high pressure area below the top of the gate.

If the only cracks are above the gate you might get away with new o-rings. Worth a shot, as you will need the o-rings either way. You might fill the cracks with epoxy putty or plastic-weld if they are not in the high pressure area below the top of the gate.

Do you think regular silicone will work to fill those holes? I have the replacement kit for the oring and the diverter chooser thing coming on Wednesday and then hopefully I dont have anymore boilovers. The only thing I'd be fixing the hole for would be for any water from the tub or rain getting in.

From what I can tell it looks like water filled that area up at somepoint in the winter and then froze which caused it to crack...

I thought about replacing that part to but it seems they don't make it anymore and I'd have to call up a supply store to find out what the replacement part is for it.

It is glued to the body assembly. You would have to do the whole plumbing job to replace that. It is white in the parts link I sent you, but it's the same part.
I would use something more adhesive and rigid than silicone, but it might do.

So it's not cracked inside the fitting or below that gasket. I replaced the oring and it still leaked a little so I put more grease on it... It is sealed up now and works but I did see a few spurts or water come out when I would turn the diverter to the different jets. I guess the pressure building when changing the settings make some water come out. Hopefully it holds and if not I may add another oring to double it up.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.