Should I keep shocking pool till it clears?

Bear with us...we don't mean to offend you, but when you say things like:

azazel said:
Well just shocked my pool again.

we're concerned you are not completely grasping it. If done properly, you should have never stopped shocking. It's one long continuous process. While we may be nitpicking at the semantics, it is an important distinction in terms of the TFP philosophy.

Great that you ordered your test kit and that you are keeping doing what you can until it arrives. I would probably not add anymore CYA until you get it completely cleared and have passed the overnight loss test and other two tests of when to stop the shock process.

It is great you have switched to bleach. Are you using the Pool Calculator? If not, take a look at it and post if you have questions. If you are already using it to help figure out how much bleach to add, that is great - it will be your best friend to get and then keep your pool sparkly. I think you are doing a great job of keeping at it, and I think a lot of the info will start to really sink in when you start testing with the good kit. You have made great progress and although I fear you might not be quite as close to done as you may hope, if you keep on it you'll get it done without going backward once your kit arrives and you can operate with full information.

In the meantime, post your equipment and pool volume in your signature line. That way, once you start posting your test values people can help you with what to add and help you with the pool calculator if you need it.

My pools are sparkling clear now. Thanks for all the help.
Day 1
ajy9a6u7.jpg

Day 7
8abaqezu.jpg

pahydehe.jpg

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.