Should I get Abalone Shells added to stonescapes midnight bl

Re: Should I get Abalone Shells added to stonescapes midnigh

JP,

If you always keep your water clean, the water will always sparkle. If you want extra pretty, high end finishes for your pool, then it will cost you more. Only you can decide what it's worth to you.

I would ask the contractor about warranty issues regarding the addition of abalone shell, and verify it with the corporate offices. Why? Because sometimes contractors will upgrade using materials not by the same manufacturer, which can void the manufacturer's warranty.

I've not seen StoneScapes with Abalone Shell before. Perhaps others have, and will post.

Nevertheless, it sounds very attractive. Good luck with your new pool!

I have a friend that has Tropics Blue with abalone shell. Due to a plaster install error my pool Is being replastered and I’m making some changes to color. Working directly with the NPT rep (stonescapes mfg) as they are the ones that came out to see and decide the correct action for the error on mine - we discussed abalone shell - I was told if the chemicals get off balance the shell can be Affected and leave black stains as well as deteriorating. I chose against it.

I have a friend that has Tropics Blue with abalone shell. Due to a plaster install error my pool Is being replastered and I’m making some changes to color. Working directly with the NPT rep (stonescapes mfg) as they are the ones that came out to see and decide the correct action for the error on mine - we discussed abalone shell - I was told if the chemicals get off balance the shell can be Affected and leave black stains as well as deteriorating. I chose against it.

Harley I am going through a plaster error at this very moment. Is the re-application something I should be concerned about? Thanks much

I’m sorry you are having to go through this. They are actually arriving in a couple of hours to Replaster mine today.

Are you asking about the replastering being of concern or the abalone shell?

I can only share the information that was given to me about it when making the decision. You can search this group for abalone stain and there’s several posts that will come up. Some issues are certainly related to water chemistry so if you are good with that then you may be fine.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.