Should I be concerned about what just happened?

dw886

Gold Supporter
Sep 19, 2016
ND
We've had like 2 days that hit around 50 degrees now, and one minute, everything looked good. A few minutes later, I glanced outside, and saw huge bulges in the cover (which I assume is ice moving). I went back on the cameras to see how quickly this happened. Looks like it took about 10 seconds or less.

Don't mind the mess please, I have lots of work to do this spring. :)

20170327_172723.jpg

10 seconds later....:
20170327_172733.jpg

Here's a shot from ground level:
WP_20170327_18_47_21_Rich.jpg

Is this normal, as things warm up, to see the ice shift like that? For obvious reasons, I can't open the cover to check on things (yet).

dw,

What is this thing you call "ice"???? :poke:

I have no idea if normal or not, just wanted to give you a poke..

Jim R.

Haha! The good news is that the ice is retreating finally, so it's about time to fire everything up and see if it really works. :) I took off a skimmer cover on Sunday, and the water in the skimmer was all still in its solid state. I'm guessing that the charcoal pool cover helps some with absorbing the sun and speeding things along, but we have at least another week of ice I would guess.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.