Shoud I say something?

wjaneala

LifeTime Supporter
May 17, 2015
Cullman, AL
Copy from a local news story on a small municipality's council meeting:

"While not an agenda item, the council held an active discussion on the condition of the city’s public pool. For the second time this summer, the pool had to be drained and treated for black algae earlier this week.

According to Councilman Charles Wilson, the pool was drained, scrubbed clean, then treated with muriatic acid followed by copper sulfate. He later remarked that repeated treatment with those chemicals could damage the pool’s liner. After the pool was refilled, an additional chemical was put in to deal with minor brown stains left by the copper sulfate. As of Thursday afternoon, the pool was considered safe and was open to the public.

After two bouts with algae, the council members were growing weary of the problem. Councilwoman Kim Brown pointed out that both treatments had been done on the advice of one person (known to the council, but not publicly named).

Said Brown, “The same guy that’s telling us we need to change and do something different is the same one who sold us the chemicals.”

No formal accusation of wrongdoing was made by any council member, but the suggestion was put forth that the council should consider contacting another person for advice on the pool."

It's hard to tell people what to do. They usually have to discover it themselves when thay are ready. When we bought a house with a pool I wanted to take care of it myself. I did a Google search and TFP made the most sense. I lucked out since I was starting with a clean slate and no other influences.

Remember, a public pool is regulated by the city/county/state. What we teach here is directed at private residential pools.

Besides, in my experience most city councils are manned with 'deaf ears' when it comes to things like this.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.