Shocking and cloudy water

Jun 8, 2018
Papillion
Hi! New in ground pool owner here! I've struggled to get the pool clear after I purchased my house. After flocking it twice it was finally clear. We have had a ton of rain and i was told to shock it again even though water is clear. I Did so and....CLOUDY AGAIN :pth: and won't clear. I fear I will have to floc again. Do I need to shock this pool ever week and after rain if testing numbers are good and water is clear?? It seems more trouble than good

Thanks!!

Welcome to TFP!

We do not generally recommend floccing. Generally speaking the only chemicals that you should need to add on a regular basis are liquid chlorine to sanitize the water, and muriatic acid or borax to adjust the pH. But in order to know what and how much to add, you need a good test kit. The TF-100 and Taylor K-2006C (The C is important!) are the two most recommended. Once you run a set of tests and we know where your water is at right now, we can set you up with a protocol to follow, and your pool will be sparkly clean and easily managed in no time!

I agree with geko29, order one of the recommended kits and start reading Pool School.

95% of the time cloudiness is a result of lack of proper chlorine levels. So if you had proper chlorine levels, and it rains, it shouldn't affect a thing.

I received 4 inches of rain in my area of suburban Chicago. All of my clients pools remained clear.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.