Shock question

Over time, you will easily be able to eyeball when to backwash. Backwashing is pretty simple. YOu will have to do it more often during a SLAM and if you need to be away from the pool for awhile, you will want to turn to recirculate instead of filter so you don't clog the filter. If I can SLAM a pool, you can too - lol!:p

I tested the FC again before I left, and it was dead on at 20, yet I've seen no sign of the green fading or it clearing up. The filters are a yellowish brown color when I clean them, no green at all on the filters. I would think that the filters would be green too, wouldn't they?

Rusty, Rusty, Rusty where is my pic?? Taking and sharing the first pic and the current pic will do more to show you and me if it is changing.

The difference is so subtle that you will not see it just looking at it each day. BUT the pics show it.

Kim

hey Rusty I have a question for you I have added chemicals to pool and green stuff sunk to bottom, I want to add a saltwater system also intex and have same size pool,,vacuuming only stirs up stuff at the bottom been working on it for two plus weeks. What do you think??

Good luck and make sure to do something to support wall. I would not drain the whole thing just to keep the liner in place.

I might even put a puck or two right where the water is going back in to add FC and CYA at the same time.

Kim

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
It takes salt at least 24 hours with the pump running to dissolve. I prefer to get it started with 4ppm of bleach. And put 30ppm of CYA in a sock in front of a return or in the skimmer basket as soon as the pump is running.

Another question: My intex saltwater system manual says that for the size of our pool(a pro series 5061 gallon), the system should be run on an 8 hour cycle. There is no way to set a percentage for chlorine generation on this model. I assume the 8 hours listed is adequate then? Is it best to run it during the hot part of the day when chlorine is being burned, or in the evening to replenish? I've found differing answers

Correct, the Intex SWG does not have an output percentage setting. You just adjust the number of hours you run it to get the correct ppm of chlorine. It does not matter what time of day you run it.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.