Sheer descent plumbing

Anthonyeavila

Jul 17, 2022
Corona, California
Hey guys I’m new here. I’m having a pool put in and it’s been such a long nightmare to say the least. The whole process was started over a year ago and still under construction.

Anyways, my point in this point is regarding the plumbing behind my sheer descent raised bond beam …. As you can see in the picture it sticks out and it’s a complete eye sore . I asked my pb before they concreted and he said something along the lines of “don’t worry those still need to be cut and refitted blah blah blah. “ The day came for concrete to be poured and the pipes were never re adjusted. So now they look the same as in the pic…. Only difference is that now they are submerged in 4 inches of concrete (we made a 2 foot walkway that extends from the raised bond beam) the rest we left as dirt to use as a planter against the wrought iron fence. They still look terrible in my opinion. My pb stated he was under the impression I was going to use all that area as a planter … which was never in our plans .. nor does our HOA allow for raised planters against iron fencing on a slope. He’s very forgetful to the point it makes him seem irresponsible and I think that’s the reason why the plumber left them exposed like this ??? Because he thought dirt and plants might be covering it ?? Idk is this the way plumbing looks for sheer descents ? Or is it usually hidden inside the shot crete/ rebar . What can I do at this point to mitigate as much as possible and have it look less obvious ?

Attachments

• 650A4BC1-B55A-466E-9FA1-F29407306E5E.jpeg
    650A4BC1-B55A-466E-9FA1-F29407306E5E.jpeg
    636.5 KB · Views: 39
Welcome to TFP! :wave:

First thing to do is look at your plans. What do the plans say are between the shears and the iron view fencing? If the plans are in your favor, make the PB fix it.
Your plans, your pool, your money. After it's all done, the PB couldn't care less.

It would have been nice if the multiple shears were each plumbed back to the equipment pad separately - each with it's own valve at the pad. This would provide you more finite control over each shear.

While you are waiting for completion, have a read thru Pool Care Basics and maybe even a look thru TFP-TV

So if I understand this correctly, currently the dirt in the picture from the form to the bond beam is 4” of flat work?
If so the flat work and bond beam must be cut out for the re plumbing of the sheer descents to be relocated.
What is going to be on the face of the exposed bond beam that is above grade?
Also, what do the two valves in the background control? They should be re located at the equipment pad.

So if I understand this correctly, currently the dirt in the picture from the form to the bond beam is 4” of flat work?
If so the flat work and bond beam must be cut out for the re plumbing of the sheer descents to be relocated.
What is going to be on the face of the exposed bond beam that is above grade?
Also, what do the two valves in the background control? They should be re located at the equipment pad.
Hey bud I attached a current picture of what this thing looks like right now . The only solution I see right now is having the pipes behind the sheer descents refitted to fit more flush against the wall. I doubt my pb is gonna tear out the slabs of concrete to run things under ground. The face of the wall that faces the iron fencing will be stuccoed in white . How were those pipes that feed the descents supposed to have been ran in this situation ?? The piping in the corner you mentioned I have no idea what that is .. I’m assuming it’s some sort of regulator to the descents .

Hey bud I attached a current picture of what this thing looks like right now . The only solution I see right now is having the pipes behind the sheer descents refitted to fit more flush against the wall. I doubt my pb is gonna tear out the slabs of concrete to run things under ground. The face of the wall that faces the iron fencing will be stuccoed in white . How were those pipes that feed the descents supposed to have been ran in this situation ?? The piping in the corner you mentioned I have no idea what that is .. I’m assuming it’s some sort of regulator to the descents .
C44A6E23-FCAA-4739-9D40-A67D59B58BE8.jpegDB4840AC-7371-4AB8-950E-81FD129C74B0.jpeg

The two pipes should have been plumbed inside the bond beam and exited below grade to insure proper coverage.
The two valves in the back ground should be located at the pool equipment site and not at the current location.
Yes the pipes can be cut and re plumbed closer to the bond beam, this is still exposing the plumbing to future chances of being broken.
As stated earlier, this can be re plumbed and completely hidden fairly easily by flat cutting the walkway concrete and chipping out the bond beam to the depth needed to hide the plumbing inside the bond beam.

Reactions: Anthonyeavila
The two pipes should have been plumbed inside the bond beam and exited below grade to insure proper coverage.
The two valves in the back ground should be located at the pool equipment site and not at the current location.
Yes the pipes can be cut and re plumbed closer to the bond beam, this is still exposing the plumbing to future chances of being broken.
As stated earlier, this can be re plumbed and completely hidden fairly easily by flat cutting the walkway concrete and chipping out the bond beam to the depth needed to hide the plumbing inside the bond beam.
Thanks for your reply . I’m just over this whole experience :/. My pb sucks! Everything they’ve done so far has been an issue .

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.