Sheer Decents wont pump water anymore

fagin007

Aug 2, 2020
Dallas, Texas
I survived the winter disaster here in Texas or so I thought. My pool works great on medium and the spa works great but when I turn it on high the sheer decents will not pump any water through them at all. I thought it was still because it was frozen but the temps got up to 56 today and my pool gets tons of sun and all of the ice has melted around my pool. Anything that you guys can think of that I can check? I would think that I would at least get a trickle of water but nothing. Attaching some pics of my decents and equipment for help.

Attachments

• pump.jpg
    pump.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 32
  • equipment.jpg
    equipment.jpg
    107 KB · Views: 31
  • sheer.jpg
    sheer.jpg
    108.6 KB · Views: 29
I would give it a couple of days to make sure all of the ice has melted. Buried pipes that have frozen solid can take several days to thaw.

You've never cleaned the pump basket?

In any case, it's backwards as indicated by the label of "Front".

It can work like it is, but you should clean the basket and put the lid on correctly.

I would give it a couple of days to make sure all of the ice has melted. Buried pipes that have frozen solid can take several days to thaw.
This morning the sheer decents started working when the pump came on. The Spa went half empty but kept running so I shut everything down and went to spa mode and it still didnt rise so I shut that off and went back to full power to the pool and then the spa started filling up and going over the waterfall and the sheer decents are working as well. Thanks a bunch to everyone.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.