DFW TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
I'm going to shallow the deep end by about 3 feet. After I chip out the main drain to raise it do I restore the integrity of the main shell floor or do I need to continue to break it up? I'm going to stab in #5 rebar to the original shell and pour in concrete to the new level.

Thanks in advance for the advice. Jeff

no need for a main drain, seems like extra work :)

drill the rebar into the shell and fill with your favorite shotcrete..

Main drain is going to be the supply to all my water features, so It's very much needed. Just need the question from my original post answered.

Thank you, Jeff

Chip out drain to get to the piping. Rough in dual main drains to the new height. Drill and epoxy rebar in a 12" grid amd fill with stone leaving 8" for concrete. Finish grid over top of stone wire tieing it all and pour the concrete. Then replaster the pool

After I Rough in dual main drains to new height, Do I concrete in what was chipped out or do I "leave It"?
It's about 10 feet deep now, there used to be a diving board. Diving board is gone and would like to get new depth around 6 feet.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
No fill it in with 5000# mix and some bonding agent for good measure. Theres alot of weight in the deep end of a pool. Make is 6.5 to coping if you want 6ft water
I Was thinking, the drain also has a plug for when the pool is drained the shell doesn't "Pop Out" of the ground. If I restore integrity of the shell how do I accomplish the same protection at the new bottom?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.