Bay Area, CA
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Aquapure 1400
Hi folks. We had our pre construction meeting and pool laid out this week.

Pool - 36x18
Baja 12x8
Spa 9x7 rectangle

I am having second thoughts on the shallow end area as the baja to other side spa wall is only 12' wide in certain areas and it's bothering me.

We have a slope in rear where spa is going so builder wants to stay 10' away so placement is sort of set.

Need some ideas on how to make more space. Maybe make baja 7' wide instead of 8' and ask builder to push spa out by 1 foot toward slope if they are willing? Or push baja out into patio by a foot but my wife doesn't like that as she says baja already sticks out into patio area enough.

Also thinking of making steps smaller to save room. Kind of lost here people....

Thanks everyone. Screenshot_20230416_140027_Gallery.jpg

You rang??? I have a couple of ideas! Here is the first one:

steps.jpg

So this idea takes the steps out of the open area of the pool all together. The steps do not go past the shelf.

Next idea is to take the spa and put it at the back, right corner instead of the middle of the pool. That will also open up the shallow end.

Now IF you do both the steps and the move the spa think of all of the play room you will have opened up! I will see if I can doctor up that pic as well.

Reactions: Newdude
I did it! Here is the spa moved and steps not going past the shelf:
steps and spa.png

Note I put a bench to the left of the spa for easy in and out of the pool and spa in that area.

Thoughts? Tell me what you like and what you do not like. You cannot hurt my feelings. Just tell me so I can work on it again.

Reactions: Newdude
Great ideas! And we think alike as I originally had the spa on that same corner in our 1st design! Lol

Then my wife said no she wants it closer to the left side as that whole left area will be our entertainment spot. So she wanted it centered in the end.

I think I am going to propose to her the steps to left of baja and see what she says.

Thank you for the quick reply!

I should have posted pool Pic first. Ignore that big patch of grass back in the rear, it's actually a big slope downhill. More $$$ to fix up. 😬

IMG_9030.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Does moving the shelf to the left create a choke point in the deck?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.