Shaft still leaks after rebuild Dyna Glas pump

Sep 30, 2007
Rochester, NY
I've replaced the shaft seal assembly numerous times, replaced O rings, even replaced the impeller. Yesterday along with a new shaft seal I even installed a new "rear seal plate" and no matter what I do I can't get the shaft leak to stop completely. It's better but still dripping. I don't have access to a runout gauge but the motor shaft isn't damaged and turns smoothly. The motor runs quite with no odd vibration. I'm really at my wits end and it's a real PITA to remove the pump and do this job over and over. Any help or ideas would be appreciated. --- Thank you!

The pump is a STA-RITE MPRA6E-147L
The motor is an after market B2982T (AOS-SPC-B2982T) - Pool Motor Square Flange 1 HP Full Rate Dual Speed w/ Digital Controller (B2982T). This motor is quiet and in its 5th season.

Don't take any offence, because I'm just spit-balling.

Did you make sure you got the right part for that pump?
Are you are putting the ceramic half in the right way?
You're putting the carbon part in correctly?
Have you checked the carbon and ceramic faces for damage?
Did you clean the carbon and ceramic faces with alcohol after touching them?
Does the rubber collar on the ceramic piece fit into the seal plate tightly?

If you've done everything correctly then I'd try a little sealant to see if that helps.

Don't take any offence, because I'm just spit-balling.

Did you make sure you got the right part for that pump?
Are you are putting the ceramic half in the right way?
You're putting the carbon part in correctly?
Have you checked the carbon and ceramic faces for damage?
Did you clean the carbon and ceramic faces with alcohol after touching them?
Does the rubber collar on the ceramic piece fit into the seal plate tightly?

If you've done everything correctly then I'd try a little sealant to see if that helps.

No offense taken. I definitely have the right parts and they are installed in the correct orientation. What I did not do is wipe down the surfaces of the seals. I will try again with another new shaft seal along with RTV between the seal and seal plate. Thank you

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.