Shade Sails

pjp,

Here is one of each...

dbtgallery.php

Thanks,

Jim R.

Rob,

I put them up when I bought the spa about June of last year.. So, in about a year I have seen zero fading.. they are pretty cheap, so my original though was if I only get a year out of them I would be happy...

Based upon the wear so far, I think I'll get another two or three years out of them...

The blue one broke loose about a week ago in a wind storm.. The sail itself did not break, but the end that was held up by the rope rubbed against the roof line and shredded the rope.

If you buy them you will want the turnbuckle style attachments. The sails will stretch over time, so it is best to have a way to tighten them.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Rob,

Where else, the big A... Amazon... :p

Thanks,

Jim R.

How much "pull" do those have? I was going to get them and attach 1 end to my deck and the other 2 ends to my metal fence. I am concerned they could start to wiggle the fence loose or bow it. Without the fence as an anchor point, I don't know where else to anchor them.

VsgG226Y8bySr_sWfZcrMyBwl850z07pUoDkEIwd9lnRFI7yctFyNUP7HkIegwJG9YWujSHRAfmJtQyozgrlvvJtBf9hw558qEFbfb_ZYXM_UaEXImKeafoJN8iUHrgAAdzMPgD3qvWJaVuRfhfzsFasxFHZVwo4mqEPlBt34vgdR14AE01XNxPEtzP2dnFxcYClYD4nn54BTXfPErbCkZwi2huOvKc-wBmonKmz4BaTEme3tq6V4Lxaqyr_YHjGeMoFQKRGs8pH2C28hmH9iTvVH51gMcMOTUZ2PjiXuWWOrf1EFKa-VwWWDACUcDXW92TkQdmBbOd_4V9zEYD3C-Ha3QjLARVXMNOAX6fOdcqRUgv4glCAtwaJIo-12SpYzmFvF7k5YnYY5tlUPmk1Au_MFFhEoscXT2HFDV-kpA8MnM1IAz5JXqs2pcApQaz8ZSCst7UQlpSF6dDhYFfVfXwZsUkur_fr1HCgdn4plkO3R_Mui649CK0sEisyhZQYhVwMpixhxARN7jj7FeTchuTUbQ4wTceBZ3KOXTw5MKZsyXeic6OqPab-5j-6jhrI7jFVPJ1Qzm34YWwmfQch6_N3lp9FaIeweBSI9jo=w1279-h960-no

How much "pull" do those have? I was going to get them and attach 1 end to my deck and the other 2 ends to my metal fence.

Fence will in no way be strong enough - unless it is a small sail.

Have you ever flown a medium to large sized kite?

During high winds the sails will exert substantial force on the anchor points and the pool fence doesn't cut it when it comes to using it as an anchor point.

Most of the larger sails I have seen use quite substantial anchoring pillars and fittings and dwarf pool fence materials.

Looking at the size of your pool and surroundings (Lovely BTW...:goodjob:) - I guess you will be opting towards a larger sail(s)?

Fence will in no way be strong enough - unless it is a small sail.

Have you ever flown a medium to large sized kite?

During high winds the sails will exert substantial force on the anchor points and the pool fence doesn't cut it when it comes to using it as an anchor point.

Most of the larger sails I have seen use quite substantial anchoring pillars and fittings and dwarf pool fence materials.

Looking at the size of your pool and surroundings (Lovely BTW...:goodjob:) - I guess you will be opting towards a larger sail(s)?

Thanks! We were thinking of getting 2 or 3 smaller sails. I wonder if I could use one of those trees as an anchor point.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
pg,

The do have some pull, but as you can see I have them anchored to my wooden fence, but the fence does have metal poles, four feet in the ground with concrete. The other end however is anchored to just the wood trim on that part of the house, The screws are only about 1 1/4" or so long and they have not come loose yet. I did install the screws at a slight angle, but they are, more of less, being pulled directly out of the structure.. We have been through dozens of wind storms and other than the rope fraying and breaking nothing has come loose.

I'm also pretty sure neither the fence nor the house have moved yet... :p

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thanks! We were thinking of getting 2 or 3 smaller sails. I wonder if I could use one of those trees as an anchor point.

PG with the yard you have, you could easily bury a couple of sleeves in the ground just past your fence, then insert the appropriate size poles in them. When you’re done for the season, pop out the polls, and toss a cover on the sleeve.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.