SF Bay Area New Pool

Rwmiller80

Jun 2, 2019
San Jose, CA
Rich D you are the winner. 😊
The Badu system requires 6 inch pipe if the run is over 30 feet to minimize pipe loss. It really is massive.

We passed our inspection on Friday and the team was here installing the solar heater. Planning on gunite next week but will know schedule on Monday.

Bob

Attachments

Reactions: Newdude

Rwmiller80

Jun 2, 2019
San Jose, CA
It’s gunite day. They have been here for over 2 hours already. Quite the production.

Bob

Attachments

Reactions: OGSW20

Rwmiller80

Jun 2, 2019
San Jose, CA
Gunite complete. Now it looks like a pool. Had a problem when they realized the bench was set too high. Had to reposition the rebar and lights while digging out the dirt in the way. Team came together and our bench depth is now correct. Glad I was here to watch as I would have been worried all day.

Rich D, they were throwing lots of rebound out. Amazing how much there is.

Bob

Attachments

Reactions: NorCalX

mguzzy

Jul 8, 2015
OV, CA
That's a huge underwater step you have there! :D Can we come over and play underwater hockey in your new pool?

I used to play in a league that had a pool like this.. you had to slide the puck up the wall and on the bench/step to score.

• Wow
Reactions: frogabog

kimkats

Mod Squad
LifeTime Supporter
Jul 10, 2012
Tallahassee, FL
It is time for YOUR set of links! The first set can be overwhelming so pick and choose the best ones for you. They are all about how to get the best plaster job possible:
Ten Guidelines for Quality Pool Plaster Best one of all
All Plaster Finishes Should Last 20 Years
Not All Color Pigments are Good for Pools How to pick a good color for plaster.
A Plastering 'Watch List' | Professional Watershaping | Watershapes
Trouble Free Pool
Trouble Free Pool

This set of links is how to care for the new plaster once it is in:
Print these out:
Pool School - Basic Pool Care Schedule

Pool School - Recommended Levels

Bookmark these:
Pool School - Recommended Pool Chemicals

Trouble Free Pool

Pool School - ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry

That bench is one example of why I suggest the home owner been there. Most crews would have left it like it was unless being watched over. Good job making sure it got fixed!

Kim:kim:

Kim:kim: