SF Bay Area New Pool

OGSW20

Jun 11, 2019
San Jose, CA
Sitting around waiting for work to be done is no bueno. We would go weeks at a time with no work. My project started April 3rd and we are finally nearing completion. Total days actual work was done in the last 5 months was 36 days of work. Hope you have better luck than I did.

Reactions: NorCalX

Rwmiller80

Silver Supporter
Jun 2, 2019
San Jose, CA
Just got done measuring the excavation depth as kimkats advises. My 3.5 ft water depth measures 51” to top of form board and my 6 ft water depth measures 81”. This appears to give me a 6 inch gunnite / plaster depth to hold my depths. I think I am ok but wanted to confirm.

Bob

OGSW20

Jun 11, 2019
San Jose, CA
Just got done measuring the excavation depth as kimkats advises. My 3.5 ft water depth measures 51” to top of form board and my 6 ft water depth measures 81”. This appears to give me a 6 inch gunnite / plaster depth to hold my depths. I think I am ok but wanted to confirm.

Bob
Don't forget to factor in your coping as well, that's going to be another 3-4 inches

Rwmiller80

Silver Supporter
Jun 2, 2019
San Jose, CA
Day 3 of plumbing now complete and I think we are almost done. 😊 Our yard is now one big hole surrounded by PVC. Hopefully plumbing completes tomorrow and the pre-gunite inspection passes on Friday.

Bob

Attachments

Reactions: NorCalX

frogabog

Gold Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
Jul 16, 2010
Portland, Oregon
Is that 5" pipe? or 6"? That's some massive piping. The 4" is for what?

I've only seen that in mechanical rooms for multi story buildings. With massive boilers.

Newdude

Jun 16, 2019
NY
I was thinking for possible runoff from the house and/or side yard. Cant see the gutter downspouts good enough but any water has literally nowhere to go now.