Several issues to address

Any updates? How’s it going?
We got a lot of rain today but we continued with the water replacement. We just got our robot out of the water and the word "disgusting" would be an understatement. It was only in for about an hour but the filter was totally green. The inside was green with leaves. We were able to see the robot as it was in the water which is not something we would have been able to see 2 days ago. It's working, but slowly!!

We got a lot of rain today but we continued with the water replacement. We just got our robot out of the water and the word "disgusting" would be an understatement. It was only in for about an hour but the filter was totally green. The inside was green with leaves. We were able to see the robot as it was in the water which is not something we would have been able to see 2 days ago. It's working, but slowly!!

Keep that robot going and clean it often. It will help.

Reactions: Missy_2008
Once the water replacement is complete & the water has mixed for a while (about 1/2 a day/overnight) you can do the cya test & determine your slam fc level
FC/CYA Levels
then get ph to 7.2 & commence the SLAM Process.
Do all the tests (so there’s a baseline for everything)
& post your results like this
👇
Fc
Cc
Ph
Ta
Ch
Cya
Did you sort out your filter issue?

I am SOOO sorry to keep everyone in the dark!! The pool is still green. We had begun to see a small change (from dark, murky, green to a more translucent green) and then "Frost-topia2023" happened. Among other things, we had a HUGE tree limb fall into the pool. This knocked all my progress out of the ballpark. We finally had the limb removed but not before it had dented the top rail. The force of the limb hitting caused the steel wall to poke out just under the dents. The liner was not compromised though and I can deal with the cosmetic aspects. I have attached pictures. So, that's where we are. I have not had the time to do anything with it since removing the limb. Our offices were closed all of last week so I am playing catch up. I will post again once I have the time to whip out my testing kit.

20230205_164513.jpg20230205_164505.jpg20230205_164554.jpg20230205_164626.jpg20230205_165237.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Wow
Reactions: JamesW
I am SOOO sorry to keep everyone in the dark!! The pool is still green. We had begun to see a small change (from dark, murky, green to a more translucent green) and then "Frost-topia2023" happened. Among other things, we had a HUGE tree limb fall into the pool. This knocked all my progress out of the ballpark. We finally had the limb removed but not before it had dented the top rail. The force of the limb hitting caused the steel wall to poke out just under the dents. The liner was not compromised though and I can deal with the cosmetic aspects. I have attached pictures. So, that's where we are. I have not had the time to do anything with it since removing the limb. Our offices were closed all of last week so I am playing catch up. I will post again once I have the time to whip out my testing kit.

Ouch. And of course it hit and dented right by the skimmer, which is likely the weakest part of the pool.

In THEORY you can remove one of the top rails and replace it with water still in the pool. I myself have never done so. I have a top rail I want to remove (and wire wheel, prime, and repaint) and I am leery to do so.

I think in your case, where you are removing a top rail and putting a new one in place immediately after is not too bad. In my case the rail would be off my pool for a day or so, that is what makes me nervous.

Anyway, that stinks that it happened, but I guess the good new is the liner is fine, the pool is fine, and with a new top rail you will be back in business.

Reactions: Mdragger88
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.