Philly, PA
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Aquapure 1400
Hi! I'm new to pools. The house I bought a few years ago had an old pool and it was finally renovated. It was replastered this May. Pool renovator set up the Polaris a month or so after the replaster but I don't think it was done, let's say, optimally. Pool doesn't seem much cleaner. So I started to re-do the setup. The leader hose is much longer than deepest part of pool so that needs to be cut. The entire hose is much longer than farthest point to pool. My questions:
  • The hose has threads on the end (see left side of photo) so if I cut the leader and feed hoses, I cut off the threads. Is that what I'm supposed to do?
    • Is there a good youtube video showing a cut and reattachment? I haven't found one.
  • The manual shows 2 swivels but my pool renovator only installed one. I assume I need to add another swivel, right?
Thanks TFP!

Attachments

• IMG_20230715_213106_843.jpg
    IMG_20230715_213106_843.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 4
Hi! I'm new to pools. The house I bought a few years ago had an old pool and it was finally renovated. It was replastered this May. Pool renovator set up the Polaris a month or so after the replaster but I don't think it was done, let's say, optimally. Pool doesn't seem much cleaner. So I started to re-do the setup. The leader hose is much longer than deepest part of pool so that needs to be cut. The entire hose is much longer than farthest point to pool. My questions:
  • The hose has threads on the end (see left side of photo) so if I cut the leader and feed hoses, I cut off the threads. Is that what I'm supposed to do?
    • Is there a good youtube video showing a cut and reattachment? I haven't found one.
  • The manual shows 2 swivels but my pool renovator only installed one. I assume I need to add another swivel, right?
Thanks TFP!
The threads on the hose are made by the mender nut. It just threads onto the hose. Make sure it is tight or it will pop off. Length of hose determines how many swivels are needed.
Leader hose is cut to the maximum depth of the pool. After that, measure the excess hose, take half that off the next two sections. If its a foot too long, that shouldn't be a problem and wouldn't need to be cut in most cases.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.