Setting up Hayward Super Pump vs Controls

Oct 1, 2011
I just installed a new Hayward Super Pump VS and I need help in setting the controls up. I find it difficult with the user manual and Youtube videos.

I have a Intermeter 24 hour dial meter.

My pool is 20x40 with a Hayward sand filter.

How many hours a day should I run the pump? At what speeds?

What do I do after I turn the power on. I know that there is priming cycle of four minutes.

I would like to go back to factory defaults and have someone walk we through the process.

I will be every thankful

Bill

The VS has it's own built in controller and should have power 24/7 and not via that Intermatic. I'm not sure how long it can keep it's clock and other settings, but even an Aqualogic controller can only go about seven hours, so you will lose your settings I'd think when the Intermatic cuts power.
This may not be correct. Some of the smaller VS pumps like this only have a countdown timer to switch speeds and still need to be controlled by an external timer.

Take a look at the Determine Pump Run Time article in Pool School.

Newest revision of Super Pump VS has built time clock and needs uninterrupted power. Basic breakdown of programming:

-Set time of day
-Set on time and duration of speed one
-Set duration of speed two to run after speed one
-Set duration of speed three to run after speed two

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.