Setting up a 32x16 Intex pool

JJU

Apr 16, 2020
Libby, Montana
So we had a 15ish’ round pool, we just bought a 32x16x54 rectangle Intex pool.
with: sand filter and I got a 2500 canister filter
I want to do hard plumbing and add black hose for heating but be able to disconnect when warm enough. Open to suggestions
we want to possibly put a 10x2 concrete footing around the pool for the braces and to keep the sand in (possibly overkill) maybe put foam board under
we also have bad calcium we fight, the other pool had a hard layer and would cut the kids feet after awhile. Suggestions on how to battle that. its in full sun too so I’ve had to fight algae
we will have a deck along the long side of the pool where we will but the filters etc.
we want to do the bbb method
In Montana
thanks I am also looking at the forums. I found some good ones with pictures . So I’m compiling a lot of ideas

It may be hard to talk and enjoy your company if the pump is running underneath you. Some of them are quite loud.

Welcome to TFP! I have the same pool we installed last summer. By using the TFP method I opened to a clear pool this year. I am using the 16" sand filter, pump and SWG that came as a package with the pool. I plan to use it until it quits and then replace with a slightly bigger system. I have recently replaced the Intex tubing with 1 1/2" tubing, and a through the wall skimmer is on the way. I have a deck built across one end of the pool with plans to extend down one side in a few weeks. (the decking was more $$ than the pool!) The equipment is a little noisy, we just placed ours in a shed that will be moved to the edge of the deck when it is completed. I will try to post photos of where everything is placed. So far I'm happy with how well the system works. I don't like the over the wall skimmer as it gets sloshed about and dumps into the pool. I have a robot to clean so I don't need the inlet for a vacuum and it will be capped when I install the new skimmer.
Best of luck to you, you are in the right place!

Attachments

• IMG_1074.jpg
    IMG_1074.jpg
    444.6 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_1075.jpg
    IMG_1075.jpg
    680.3 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_1076.jpg
    IMG_1076.jpg
    492.5 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_1077.jpg
    IMG_1077.jpg
    306.3 KB · Views: 40
  • IMG_1078.jpg
    IMG_1078.jpg
    495.7 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_1079.jpg
    IMG_1079.jpg
    335.2 KB · Views: 40
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.