gpoitch

May 12, 2023
South Jersey
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Hi, I moved into a house last year with an AquaLink RS and OneTouch panel. From the start, the OneTouch was flakey, completely turning off randomly. I was able to unplug/replug it and get a few minutes of use out of it to configure my settings. This year, it is completely unusable and just stays on the "Firmware" screen when plugging it in.

It's a long run from the indoor panel to the computer so I figured the wiring was probably messed up somewhere. I took the OneTouch out to the computer and wired it right next to it. Same issue.

I'm fine using my previously saved settings, but the clock appears to be off (lights don't come on until 10pm). Any way to set the time directly at the computer? Or a cheap alternative controller I can plug in to get it going this year without replacing the entire computer. I have the manual and there is no mention of this capability but hoping there may be some diagnostic mode/button combo someone knows about.

Attached photos of the computer and panel (when it was working).

Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_1427.jpeg
    IMG_1427.jpeg
    407 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_1693.jpeg
    IMG_1693.jpeg
    440.5 KB · Views: 5
Hi, I moved into a house last year with an AquaLink RS and OneTouch panel. From the start, the OneTouch was flakey, completely turning off randomly. I was able to unplug/replug it and get a few minutes of use out of it to configure my settings. This year, it is completely unusable and just stays on the "Firmware" screen when plugging it in.

It's a long run from the indoor panel to the computer so I figured the wiring was probably messed up somewhere. I took the OneTouch out to the computer and wired it right next to it. Same issue.

I'm fine using my previously saved settings, but the clock appears to be off (lights don't come on until 10pm). Any way to set the time directly at the computer? Or a cheap alternative controller I can plug in to get it going this year without replacing the entire computer. I have the manual and there is no mention of this capability but hoping there may be some diagnostic mode/button combo someone knows about.

Attached photos of the computer and panel (when it was working).

Thanks
The One Touch is the interface with the Jandy system, similar to the keyboard of a computer. No keyboard, no control. Not likely the One Touch causing the issue but a problem with the board in the outdoor panel. There is nothing "cheap" in the pool industry that's really worth having.

I see "Battery Low". You should replace the clock battery.
The battery is for saving the time settings if power to the board is interrupted. It is behind that small panel on the right side of the case. If the board is working properly the battery can be dead or missing with no problems. See it all the time in that condition. Newer boards use a CR2032 battery on the board itself, not the 9V one this system appears to need.
If the power is interrupted for even an instant with a low/dead/missing battery, all time and date settings return to what they were when the board was initially manufactured. It may be that happened, but if the board won't accept inputs from the One Touch a new battery won't help.
Never hurts to try, though.

I see "Battery Low". You should replace the clock battery.
The image with "low battery" was from a couple years ago when the screen was actually working. I put in a fresh battery when rewiring it all and it didn't help.
The One Touch is the interface with the Jandy system, similar to the keyboard of a computer. No keyboard, no control. Not likely the One Touch causing the issue but a problem with the board in the outdoor panel. There is nothing "cheap" in the pool industry that's really worth having.
I plan on upgrading the whole computer soon. In the meantime I am determined to find another way. AqualinkD on a raspberry pi can be hooked up to the board for ~$20. But if you think it's the board itself, that idea may not work.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.