Setting Spa Water Level

N,

Yes, it will raise the level but it won't stop.. It will keep going until the spa overflows.

If you add the "extra" water very slowly, it will take a long time to get up to the point you want.. If you add the "extra" water very fast, it will just overflow faster..

The only real "fix" is to adjust the pipe level, where you have the red X, up, or to move or modify the return water port in your pool, so that the exit level is higher..

Thanks,

Jim R.

I have a similar “spill-under” setup with my raised spa. No spillover, but the spa has a drain where it might otherwise have had a skimmer. Get too many people in the spa, the water simply drains down to the pool. When the valves are in pool mode, the spa valve is open just enough to let a small amount of water fill the spa so it stays full of water up to that drain point. Works great, other than you can’t run the spa jets and have the pool circulating at the same time; price of shared equipment. A check-valve on the returns keeps the spa from draining back into the pool and maintains the level.

Seems like in this case indeed the drain port and associated valve are too low. It’s working as designed, but the design isn’t ideal.

Reactions: Jimrahbe
yes, very similar setup, with the spa jets running, the actuator closes off the pool circulation.

Jim, I am not comfortable removing the coping or stones to play around with the height of that valve. The wife would kill me if i ruin the look by adding things on the stone.

Thoughts on 'restricting' the flow coming out of jet that drain to the pool? that jet opening looks like 1/2". If i put a 1/8" hole, that should slow down the drain and hopefully the flow of the water going into the spa is greater than the drain? I can get a blank eye, and drill out a small hole to start.

The problem is unless that "valve" they added has some sort of vacuum break or opening to air, the water is going to siphon out of spa until it gets to the level of the water in the pool or the height of the spill under port in the pool whichever is higher. Is the issue worse now then when they initially did the work? If they did put something there to break the siphon maybe it is clogged or no longer working.

the water level is not a problem, just me wanting to make it better. If you look at post #38, the water is sitting just above the jets in the corner.
During spa operation, If just 1 or 2 sit in there, and don't splash, the water is okay. If kids jump in and out and take the water with them, the water dips below those jets and start spraying. My hope or goal is to raise the water level during operation by a couple of inches so that the water never dips below the jets.

the right way to fix this is to install an overflow at the max water height you want that empties into the pool. not sure what they used on the X location, im guessing some type of spring loaded check valve that is keeping the water contained to a certain height. Ive never seen a balance act of a valve or whatever that far under the water line, its some type of quick fix done back then I'd think

I would try your idea in #43 above. Should not cost much to try and no damage to the stone ! I think the best option though is what Jim said #41 above. Maybe a simple 45 elbow with a length of pipe attached ( inside of pool ). The length of pipe should be at the water level you want. You could make it detachable when not using spa.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.