Service Mode

jnojr

Silver Supporter
Dec 18, 2018
Chandler, AZ
Will Service Mode prevent any and all scheduled operations from occurring until I manually put it back to pool mode?
My filter has spring a leak, and I have to keep everything off. I'm worried that if I open the main breakers, I might lose the programming and have to figure out how to program everything from scratch, and I'd rather avoid that.

That's how I use it, but it was my understanding that it will revert back to auto after a period but never left it in service to see. It's supposed to be a feature in case some absent minded weekly pool tech forgets to put it back into auto. Would it not be easier to just turn off the schedules?

jn,

My understanding is that it stays in the Service mode forever, unless you turn it off.

Time-out is like the Service mode, but shuts off automatically in three hours.

That said, I have never actually tried Service mode for long periods of time.

Programs will not be deleted if you shut off the power.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Jim R., I do see now that Service is intended to be 24/7, which confused with Time Out which is intended to be a duration. During startup, PB pulled comm cable to my pump to run 24/7 and said was to keep from auto reverting back. Misinformation sticks like glue in the head!

Power outages have never affected programming.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.