Security motion lights

Mike_Phelps

May 19, 2019
NJ
Can anyone recommend a good one? I would like to mount it on the deck facing the pool. I was looking into the solar ones but if the kids are out there night swimming I want one that I can turn the sensor off.. tia

Welcome! :wave: I bet you'll get tons of relies, but I'll start. :) I'm a bit frugal (okay cheap - sometimes), so I picked-up a $30 motion sensor light from Walmart (Brinks). They have the kind you can hard-wire or plug into an outlet. I needed one for my carport out front. I have it connect to an outlet that's on a switch. So if I want it to sense motion and come-on at night, I leave the switch on. If I don't want it on at all, I make sure the switch is off. I'm sure there are MANY other ways and products to do the same thing. That's just mine. :)

Most hard wired motion lights have a feature built in to them that allows you to have them stay on permanently by turning the switch on and off a set number of times.
The ones I have I leave the power on all the time and they are motion activated, but I simply turn the switch off then back on quickly and they come on and stay on. When I’m done, I flip the switch off for 15 seconds, then back on, and they go back to motion sense. :cheers:

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.