Securing Winter Cover in Midwest Winters

Hi there Midwest Girl :handwave: Welcome to TFP!

One older poster from your area if I recall, would use water filled bleach bottles at to hang from each tie down spot on the pool sized cover. It seemed to work well for him.
Others use tarps and rope and tie it down and pray. Check online pool stores to see what options they sell and perhaps it will give you ideas on what you might buy or perhaps cobble together on your own.

Maddie

Reactions: jlt19
I saw a YouTube video once where a fellow bought a roll of "pool cover wrap" which looked like a roll of the plastic that pallets are wrapped with, but it was blue. He did a video using it, and said he was skeptical, but updated it in the spring, and it worked.

Edit: Here is one

Last edited:
Hi there Midwest Girl :handwave: Welcome to TFP!

One older poster from your area if I recall, would use water filled bleach bottles at to hang from each tie down spot on the pool sized cover. It seemed to work well for him.
Others use tarps and rope and tie it down and pray. Check online pool stores to see what options they sell and perhaps it will give you ideas on what you might buy or perhaps cobble together on your own.

Maddie
Thank you! I called a local Pool Supply store and grabbed some items to assist with securing the cover. Pillow, pillow pal, cover clips, plastic wrap, and bags for inside to set on top of the cover. Going to save jugs to hang outside too. Wish us luck 😃

Reactions: ThePoolPillowPal
I saw a YouTube video once where a fellow bought a roll of "pool cover wrap" which looked like a roll of the plastic that pallets are wrapped with, but it was blue. He did a video using it, and said he was skeptical, but updated it in the spring, and it worked.

Edit: Here is one
Thank you, that was an item I just ordered yesterday...seems lots of folks are happy with the results.

I put the winter cover on, complete with the pillow and the Pool Pillow Pal and cinched the cable tight. Then, I wrapped with the blue wrap, then placed a leaf net cover on top, and cinched that down with the cable provided with it.

Edit to add: Did this Thursday, and Friday was pretty gusty, and it seemed to do the job.

PoolCover1.jpeg PoolCover2.jpeg

Reactions: ThePoolPillowPal
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.