Second aquavac in 4 years!

RSpear

May 24, 2017
London, Ontario
As per the title, I'm pretty frustrated. Our first Hayward aquavac was detective and was replaced under warranty (power was gone on the cleaner). We were then given an upgraded unit and it's throwing the 3 Flash error again.
If I pull it out of the water and let it sit for an hour, unplug from wall, it will run for a minute or so before flashing again. So there is power getting there.
Before I go buy a new pressure operated unit, I'm just wondering if the cold water is causing the error. Operating Temp is between 50 and 100 degrees and the pool water is currently 55.

Any thoughts?

I had almost a year of problems. Stuck on the drain or flipped upside down. Dealer put in a new motor, then new fan blade, and then kept it has his home to watch it NOT WORK. All done under 2 year Warranty. Also bought with a Credit Card that doubles warranty. Dealer finally said would give me deal on new AquaVac 650. Waiting to find reviews on it.

Water temp has no effect. Tiger shark was one of the first to make robots, Hayward bought them out, rebranded the exact unit as Aqua Vac and I assume, sourced cheaper parts. If you can return it, do so and buy a Maytronics Dolphin.

Water temp has no effect. Tiger shark was one of the first to make robots, Hayward bought them out, rebranded the exact unit as Aqua Vac and I assume, sourced cheaper parts. If you can return it, do so and buy a Maytronics Dolphin.

I could not agree more with this recommendation (buy a Maytronics Dolphin) and my similarly bad experience with AquaVac/Hayward TigerShark.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.