Season opener test results--scratching my head

I slammed this morning at about 8 am. My slam level was 16. When I returned at 3, I rechecked FC and it had fallen to 8. CC was still 0.

Water is pretty clear besides the bottom being a little dirty with trash sediment. Could anyone suggest where I go from here? Vacuum, get pool completely clean, and then re slam or just let it fall to correct FC level for a CYA of 40 and adjust pH and TA and go on...?

Do the OCLT (Overnight Chlorine Loss Test) and see if chlorine is being consumed while the sun is not shining. If you are losing too much chlorine overnight then you should be SLAM'ing until you pass.

"Sez the guy with only 50 posts...." :)

Ok, You have to follow the SLAM procedures until you pass all criteria. You're still losing Chlorine, and you just got started.

Whats the hurry? :p

Please review the SLAM articles and follow procedures to the letter until you are done. We will help, but you must do, and pass all until you're finished.

Also, please understand. SLAM is a process over time. You don't do it, and stop, then do it again. As you were asking..."should I re-slam?"

Done the slam... water clear, overnight went from 14.5 to 13.5. I didn't get to ck it until around 730 this am due to youngins... and cc is zero. Slam is awesome!

Are you guys still using the great value 8.25?

- - - Updated - - -

Done the slam... water clear, overnight went from 14.5 to 13.5. I didn't get to ck it until around 730 this am due to youngins... and cc is zero. Slam is awesome!

Are you guys still using the great value 8.25?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.