Chlorine just won't go up!

Update: Yesterday, I poured 2 gallons of Chlorine. Was not able to test water right after as we had thunder storm and rain right after i poured chlorine and through the night (Don't think the rain will help with my problem). anyways, I tested water this morning and now I have FC 2ppm ( some progress). My pool was almost to the coping full of water so I decided to backwash to dump some water and anything that maybe caught in the filter using up my chlorine. Will continue to monitor if FC stay up, but at least now I have FC in the water. Thanks all for your help.

Reason I questioned is since the pool has been replaster and pool company advised to keep FC 1PPM.
Pools with proper CYA levels will lose between 2 and 4 ppm a day. (Think bell curve from early spring to late fall). I'm geographically local to you and am losing 2.5 a day right now for comparison. If you put in 1ppm and lose 2.5 today, that's alot of time at 0 and begging for a swamp.

For starters, 1 PPM at any CYA level is unsanitary. Any level of CYA/FC per the chart is equal, and less harsh than tap water with no CYA.

Screenshot_20230304_131304_Chrome.jpg

So you need minimum +, in order to be sanitary, and factor in the daily loss on top of that. Although theyre usually close at any point in the season, no two days are the same and tomorrow might lose a bit more than today, which is where target range comes in. It should allow you today's loss, plus a little wiggle room, to remain above minimum at tomorrow's test/dose time. In the peak season, with the most amount of daily UV loss, many of us have to dose over target to not hit min before the next dose. You'll notice that the high target value for 30 CYA is a 6 and the min is a 2. If you're losing more than 4 a day (moreso in the hot climates versus NJ, but still) then you need to dose accordingly over target. It's always wise to leave some wiggle room also.
I want to make sure I do not do anything that will damage the plaster.
Again, TFP water is less harsh than tap water and you filled the pool from your hose, so there was a lot of tap water in there before the chemicals went in. :)

Reactions: RESISTENCIA13
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.