Seamless sand filter tank

You can file a warranty claim with Hayward to ask for a new tank.
The guys who installed the thing said all of the parts had only a one-year warranty. And I don’t think I ever got any paperwork. What you get from dealing with guys who operate out of a storage trailer and van, I guess. After they gouged me last year for a new pump and an amateur hour plumbing job, I’m not gonna deal with them again. When they put the new pump in, the hose connecting it to the filter was slightly too short, but they clamped it on there and made it look good. I paid them, and the next day the hose came loose and I lost at least 200 gallons of water in the yard. They didn’t return calls or show up for days. I replaced the hose myself with PVC pipe.

Took a long time fo get through to Hayward. They gave me a really hard time, said they won’t be able to replace the filter outright, that I got bad information about that.

They spent most of the call trying to get rid of me. The attitude was clear, that the defective filter was my problem, not theirs. The agent initially refused to take my model number and serial number, then eventually wrote it down, claimed someone would contact me in 24-48 hours. I’ll be shocked if they contact me.

Took a long time fo get through to Hayward. They gave me a really hard time, said they won’t be able to replace the filter outright, that I got bad information about that.

They spent most of the call trying to get rid of me. The attitude was clear, that the defective filter was my problem, not theirs. The agent initially refused to take my model number and serial number, then eventually wrote it down, claimed someone would contact me in 24-48 hours. I’ll be shocked if they contact me.
If you had better luck with Hayward, maybe there’s a specific agent you know there, or better number to call? Maybe they just aren’t used to dealing directly with consumers.

Hey, folks. Just following up on this. Thanks for the great advice on contacting Hayward. While the rep I spoke with on the phone was not very nice, she did create a support ticket, which I completed and sent back. The next day, they shipped me a replacement tank at no cost to me. It arrived two days later. It finally stopped raining here, so I was able to install it today. Works great. No leaks!

Reactions: mknauss

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Glad we could help.

:goodjob:

Wonder what you could do with all that money you saved :unsure:

Now that I have taken the old filter out, I am wondering what to do with it. Any ideas? I thought about cutting the top off and turning into a planter. My wife observed that it would be a big, ugly planter. :) But if I cut it down to be a planter, we could plant something that likes sandy soil, using the sand I hauled out of the old filter! I was not patient enough to wait for the old sand to dry, and put fresh sand in the new filter.

Now that I have taken the old filter out, I am wondering what to do with it. Any ideas? I thought about cutting the top off and turning into a planter. My wife observed that it would be a big, ugly planter. :) But if I cut it down to be a planter, we could plant something that likes sandy soil, using the sand I hauled out of the old filter! I was not patient enough to wait for the old sand to dry, and put fresh sand in the new filter.
We made a strawberry planter out of our old one. Though I didn’t use the old sand in it. Wasn’t sure what was in that stuff. I just used it to level some uneven areas in the lawn.

Reactions: GrayCatbird
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.