jamjam

Jun 25, 2020
NY
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
I should have taped the threads - We just had about 10" of rain this week. I pulled the top plug out of one of my Gizmos to check to make sure my skimmer lines were still drained and sure enough the water inside of the gizmo was up to the pool water level - When i closed my pool i put 4 gallons of anti-freeze in the lines. Should I re-blow the lines and re-do the antifreeze and then tape the gizmo threads before putting back?

Should I re-blow the lines and re-do the antifreeze and then tape the gizmo threads before putting back?
You can try if still able. As a back up, put a few cut-up pool noodles in there as well to help absorb any potential expansion. If you don't have pool noodles, an empty gallon jug can help.

Yeah. I guess I’ll drop another $30 on antifreeze and redo the lines. I would think there is enough antifreeze in them now to be okay but I’ll redo them. Problem is now I need to blow pink antifreeze out of the lines and make a mess. Maybe I can snake a hose in the lines and syphon it out.

i think he was saying i will be fine blowing out antifreeze in and around my pool (since my equipment is all away i can't run it to waste)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.