Sealant for large temporary underwater repair (vinyl pool)

Sep 6, 2008
Mississippi
My (2nd) liner has failed in one corner. Liner installer repaired it twice with some sort of silicone that apparently cures underwater. Unfortunately the liner fit so poorly in the seam where the floor meets the wall that it was always under strain from the water weight. So...the repairs failed and the damage got larger each time. I'm now trying to patch a rounded corner about 30 inches long. I got a repair piece from the liner manufacturer that's plenty large enough but have had no luck getting any of the stuff I've tried to adhere under water. New liner going in but installer wants the water clear so that he can get accurate measurements. So this repair doesn't have to look good, it just has to hold water. I'd pump the level down another 6" to get the water line below the repair but my mains are blocked from looking for a leak (separate issue). I could rent a pump but if there's another way to patch this gaping hole, I'd love to know what it is.

Thanks,
Richard

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.