ScreenLogic Schedule confusion.

Oswald

Jul 23, 2021
Leander, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Hello, I have a basic schedule setup in Pentair ScreenLogic. It looks like this:
File.jpg

I have 3 things set to start at 9:00 AM, the main pool pump, the high speed mode of the main pump and the cleaner which is on a different pump entirely. Seems like this should work fine, however, when 9:00 AM rolls around, the Cleaner and High Speed schedule turn on and the "Pool" does not. Normally that's not a big deal as the High Speed is operating the main pool pump. However, in cases like today where I am running the heater, that only kicks in when the "Pool" mode is active. Which did not happen this morning.

Is this expected behavior because I have 2 modes at the same start time? I'm considering just bumping "High Speed" to start 5 minutes later, but is that the correct way to deal with this? I do not find this program to be super intuitive I'm afraid.

All three circuits should turn on, but the rpm of the pump will be based on the highest rpm scheduled.

The screen you show has all three indicated as on.

All three circuits should turn on, but the rpm of the pump will be based on the highest rpm scheduled.

The screen you show has all three indicated as on.
It only shows them as on, because I went in and turned the "Pool" function on. When they kicked off this morning only "Cleaner" and "High Speed" were on.

What you described is what I expected. I expected all 3 to turn on, with the High Speed pushing the rpms up a bit. That's the behavior I want but I'm not seeing that right now.

Cleaner appears to be your IFCS, correct? Why are you running two different pumps when using the IFCS?

I would set Pool to start at 9am, High Speed at 9:15, and Cleaner at 9:30.

O,

Please tell me how many of your egg-timer circuits are not set for the default of 12 hours.

It is your pool, and you can run it anyway you want, but why are you running high speed most of the time?

Thanks,

Jim R.

O,

Please tell me how many of your egg-timer circuits are not set for the default of 12 hours.

It is your pool, and you can run it anyway you want, but why are you running high speed most of the time?

Thanks,

Jim R.
For Egg Timers:

File (1).jpg

As for the High Speed, I honestly don't know, this is how it was setup by the builder.

O,

I count a total of 12 Schedules, including the egg timers. This is the max. Not sure if there are more egg timers than I can't see. Also any "Run-Once" schedules count.

But.. 12 is the max schedules that you can have. The problem is that ScreenLogic will let you enter a bazillion, they just won't work. I suspect you have another schedule somewhere.

As a test you can set some of your egg timers back to 12 hours and see if your Pool comes back on at 9 am. Looking at your schedule everything should start at 9 AM.

Tell me what your Pool Speed is set for..

Tell me what your High Speed is set for.

I assume that you have normal wall returns that are run by the main pump, is that correct?

Thanks,

Jim R.

O,

I count a total of 12 Schedules, including the egg timers. This is the max. Not sure if there are more egg timers than I can't see. Also any "Run-Once" schedules count.

But.. 12 is the max schedules that you can have. The problem is that ScreenLogic will let you enter a bazillion, they just won't work. I suspect you have another schedule somewhere.

As a test you can set some of your egg timers back to 12 hours and see if your Pool comes back on at 9 am. Looking at your schedule everything should start at 9 AM.

Tell me what your Pool Speed is set for..

Tell me what your High Speed is set for.

I assume that you have normal wall returns that are run by the main pump, is that correct?

Thanks,

Jim R.
There are even more egg timers if you scroll down, but all are set to 12 hours. Just the ones I posted are different from 12.

Pool is 1600 RPM.
High Speed is 2800 RPM.

Yes, wall returns run by the main pump.

O

Did you see any "Run-Once" schedules?

If not, then I don't see an obvious reason for your Pool Circuit not to come on at 9 am.

Try resetting a couple of your egg-timers back to 12 hours and then push the reset button on the front of your EasyTouch. Just like rebooting your PC, does not erase anything. It will take several minutes for things to fire back up.. Then see if your Pool Circuit comes on at 9 am.

It does not seem like you have a heater. If so, 2800 is way, way too fast to run your pump, unless you just like spending money.

I run mine, mostly at 1200 RPM.

Up to you... I'd set the 2800 RPM schedule to 1 hour a day and see if you can even notice any difference in the pool operation. If you do, your pump running cost should drop in half. Not counting your IFCS costs..

As far as the IFCS, I am not sure why it is running 8 hours a day.. :scratch: Do you have any idea of the cycle time for your system to run all the heads, one time? My wild guess would be 2 hours. I'd set it to run one cycle a day and see of that keeps your pool clean. If not, you can adjust it to fit your needs.

Thanks,

Jim R.

O

Did you see any "Run-Once" schedules?

If not, then I don't see an obvious reason for your Pool Circuit not to come on at 9 am.

Try resetting a couple of your egg-timers back to 12 hours and then push the reset button on the front of your EasyTouch. Just like rebooting your PC, does not erase anything. It will take several minutes for things to fire back up.. Then see if your Pool Circuit comes on at 9 am.

It does not seem like you have a heater. If so, 2800 is way, way too fast to run your pump, unless you just like spending money.

I run mine, mostly at 1200 RPM.

Up to you... I'd set the 2800 RPM schedule to 1 hour a day and see if you can even notice any difference in the pool operation. If you do, your pump running cost should drop in half. Not counting your IFCS costs..

As far as the IFCS, I am not sure why it is running 8 hours a day.. :scratch: Do you have any idea of the cycle time for your system to run all the heads, one time? My wild guess would be 2 hours. I'd set it to run one cycle a day and see of that keeps your pool clean. If not, you can adjust it to fit your needs.

Thanks,

Jim R.
I'll try those tweaks, thanks. The pool builder set this up and dropped it on me and I'm trying to figure out what is best for me.

Reactions: Jimrahbe

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I beat my head on this all day yesterday and finally figured some things out. Even after messing with the schedule, the pool did not start as expected. I finally went out to the control panel and looked at the schedules there. It showed nothing for "pool" despite what the app said. I set one up on the control box and that showed up alongside the previous one I had. I deleted that one from the app.

I also realized a bit later that the time on the controller was 1 hour and 10 minutes off. Which is why even after changing the above, things were still wonky. I fixed that and now I think we are in a decent spot.

Appreciate the help.

Reactions: Jimrahbe
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.