ScreenLogic - Dead!

swreeder70

Mar 15, 2016
Wimberley, TX
So to give a little background.

I have a Intelli Touch System i7 +3 for my pool. It is connected to a ScreenLogic2 Protocol adapter ver 5.2.724 This system had been working for the past few years without really too many problems other than a not so great screen logic app.

Recently after upgrade the home network, I can no longer connect to the controller through the app. It cannot find the adapter. If I attempt to run the screen logic app on any of our latptops (macbooks) it does not run and actually crashes the macbook.

I suspect that the adapter is using or attempting to us the wrong subnet, but not sure how to correct this problem.

Any tips on where to get started on how to troubleshoot and get this thing fixed? I can't adjust any of my timer settings and / or turn on off some of my features.

What did you do in the upgrade of your home network?

What was the old IP pool range and new pool range?

I tried pressing the reset button three times and still cannot find the device. Looking at the devices on the network, I can see that it is not visible, so it definitely is not grabbing an IP address.

Any other tips or suggestions?

My home upgrade was removal of a Meraki Firewall, Switch and APs. I replaced that with a Linksys 10 port switch and 4 eero devices. 1 eero is setup as a router, connected to the switch and my ISP. The other three eero's are hard wired into the switch as well and are operating as APs. The SdreenLogic protocol adapter is plugged into the same switch. I have link status on the switch and see data being transmitted on the switch port (I swapped ports and patch cables to very that wasn't the issue). I'm pretty sure its on a different subnet as my subnet range changed as part of the equipment replacement/purge.

And for what it worth I work in the tech industry and know my way around networking pretty well. I was employed by Cisco and recently left, hence the Meraki gear purge and moving over to eero for a simpler setup.

The Eero mesh network is the problem. The old WiFi firmware in pool systems has problems with it.

Also folks have found they need to push the ScreenLogic rest button 3 times multiple times before it finally takes.

You didn’t answer my question about IP address ranges but my guess is you changed from a 192 address block to a 10 address block. Some folks found they needed to give the ScreenLogic the old address block to get it to work. It is old technology.

Copied below is from the Jandy wiki but I think may apply to you...

Problems have been reported with iAqualink connecting to mesh routers like Eero.Ways to get a stable WIFi connection include assigning a fixed IP address to iAqualink, unplugging "extension" units (nodes) and setting the router to only broadcast 2.4 GHz. After the eero is "simplified" to a single node broadcasting on a single frequency - follow the normal reset procedures )turning the switch from Wired to Wireless and going into the network on a iphone and setting up the iAquaLink connection).

Eero support's comment are that iAquaLink was seeing too many connections with the same ID (because of how the mesh works) and getting confused. By using only one node the iAquaLink only saw one connection on each network. Use the Guest network to keep an unsecured device off the main network.

Some people have found the easiest fix is to install a simple WiFi router or access point operating at 2.4Ghz to use for the iAqualink connection.

I moved from a 192.168.1.x to a 192.168.4.x So it is on a different subnet than before. I've got an old AP I can toss on the network to see what that does, but highly doubt that should have any impact. The screenlogic adapter shouldn't be communicating over WiFi as its hard wired into the network. From what I can see, it is not registering an IP via DHCP. So either the reset is not working, or its having some DHCP problem communicating to thee eero.

Since you are hard wired I think the ScreenLogic is not resetting. We have heard that before.

Can you set the Eero to the same 192.168.1.XXXX DHCP settings as your old system? Then the IP settings Screenlogic is frozen with should work.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.