ScreenLogic connection when not at home

dbettinelli

Jun 11, 2020
I would like to connect to my pool equipment when I am not at home using my Screenlogic App when I am not at home but cannot seem to find out how I set that up. When I am on my wifi at home everything works great but I would like to control some things when I am not at home. Any help would be great.

D,

Not sure what the problem is.. If your WiFi is on the phone will say "Connect to Local Adapter".. When the WiFi is off the phone will say "Connect to remote adapter." In both cases it will display an adapter name, that you just need to select..

What do you see when you do this??

Thanks,

Jim R.

D,

Not sure what the problem is.. If your WiFi is on the phone will say "Connect to Local Adapter".. When the WiFi is off the phone will say "Connect to remote adapter." In both cases it will display an adapter name, that you just need to select..

What do you see when you do this??

Thanks,

Jim R.

You have to manually type in the adapter name the first time you connect remotely. After that, you can select it from the list when connecting remotely. I suspect this is the issue - the adapter name isn't automatically showing up remotely.

Reactions: MaverickFL
On that same note, my PB said to NOT set a password for the Screenlogic because it was impossible to recover if lost. Is that true? It's interesting because whenever I'm at a neighbor's house, with a pool, It's funny to pull up my app (while I'm on their wifi) and see what they have. I'm not being nefarious, but just like with any Smart appliance, I'd prefer to lock it down.....

I would like to connect to my pool equipment when I am not at home using my Screenlogic App when I am not at home but cannot seem to find out how I set that up. When I am on my wifi at home everything works great but I would like to control some things when I am not at home. Any help would be great.

I use the iPhone version of Screenlogic Connect. When connecting remotely the first time, I have to type "Pentair:" before the 6 character address (without quotation marks). It should look like this: Pentair: xx-yy-zz

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.