ScreenLogic - Connecting to Pool Controller. Please Wait

Oct 15, 2015
DFW, TX
this was working just fine but has now ceased working. I updated the firmware on the protocol adapter successfully, installed the latest version of the software (5.2, 738) as I was running 5.2/736. I've tried unplugging power to the unit, paperclip reset on the adapter.. nothing seems to work.. when I bring up ScreenLogic it shows my system but when I attempt to open it just shows "Connecting to Pool Controller. Please Wait"

If I try and Configure ScreenLogic it just stays at "Connecting to ScreenLogic" without any further progress.

I did have a GFCI breaker trip and flipped the breakers to my pool pump and that appears to be when things started going sideways. I can enter into service mode in my ET8 and control the filter, lights, etc.. from there but no luck through the ScreenLogic windows program. similar results in the Android app that was working properly before. it shows my system but when I access it doesn't show any of my named features, pool temperature, etc..

Darin,

How is the EasyTouch connected to the Protocol Adapter??

If by the wireless link that I suspect that you have lost one of them..

Also... you could have a com port failure.. When the system is in Auto (Not Service mode) what does your pump's display say?? It should say "Display not active".. It it does not, then you have lost the com port..

Thanks,

Jim R.

ET is connected to the protocol adapter via the wireless link.

just checked.. I'm in auto mode now and pump display shows whatever speed I manually set it to from one of the buttons on the pump itself. any harm in a restart of the ET panel at this point?

if it helps troubleshoot any, if I drop off my wired connection on my laptop and connect via wifi and start ScreenLogic nothing populates in the list of available systems.

Darin,

ScreenLogic does not use WiFi... :mrgreen:

If you are in Auto and can use the pump's display panel, you have either lost your com port or you have the pump disconnected from the ET,

This is what I would do.. Disconnect everything from the com port except the pump.. So in your case, unplug the com cable going to the SWCG and your ScreenLogic wireless antenna.

With just the pump connected to the com port on the main board, and in Auto, the pump should say "Display Not Active".. If it does that means the main board is good and either your SWCG or the wireless antenna is bad.. My guess is that your antenna is bad, But... If the only thing on the com port is the pump, and the display shows anything but "Display Not Active", then most likely your main board is bad.

Let's see if Tom has any other ideas... Calling @ogdento

Thanks,

Jim R.

Jim's got all the right steps there... the only thing I might add is if you can, temporarily hard-wire your protocol adapter to the easytouch - this might require some creative thinking as you're going to need an ethernet cable (or setup a wireless link with a router etc).

thanks guys. I'll have to troubleshoot further tomorrow.. I am able to control other circuits (pool lights, pool pad security light) from the ET8 in both auto and service mode. does that do in good in pointing towards a board vs antenna problem?

my protocol adapter is hard-wired into my router inside.. do I move both the adapter and the wireless interface it currently draws power from to temporarily hard-wire to the ET or just the protocol adapter?

(pool lights, pool pad security light) f

Darin,

None of that matters as it does not use the com port.. The main board, the IntelliFlo, the IC40 and ScreenLogic antenna are the only things that use it.. I suspect one of them is bad.

You can run a 4 wire cable from the EasyTouch com port to the Pentair side of the protocol adapter if you want.. But I would try to find the problem first.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.